『𝕆ℕ𝔼』

❝There is no moment that exceeds in beauty that moment when one looks at a woman and finds that she is looking at you in the same way that you are looking at her

There is no moment that exceeds in beauty that moment when one looks at a woman and finds that she is looking at you in the same way that you are looking at her...❞ 

― Donald Barthelme, Flying to America

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Daegu

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Sleep is the most essential thing for human thin- I mean beings."

He paused for a brief moment before letting out a small hiccup, waving around his hand as if to excuse himself before continuing.

"It is the epitome of life, the way of how energy is accumulated and body cells restore themselves after activities that require physical work as well as thinking. It is the end of a long day of work, to rest one's mind and body, to go into a comfortable abyss of pitch black. Sometimes you'd find dreams sneak past that abyss, sometimes nightmares, and the worse being noises that suck you out of those abysses. Now I'd like to ask-"

His eyes now turned to the alarm clock sitting innocently on his coffee table, surrounded by empty boxes of delivered food, eyes piercing cold with intentions of burning whatever his orbs came across.

Tick

Tock!

"How dare you wake me up from my nap? My shift won't start in half an hour, I have time to rest."

An arm was slung over the back of his navy blue sofa, a wrinkly blanket thrown over his body. His hand meanwhile grazed the floor underneath the coffee table, hidden from the alarm clock.

"You've been doing this to me ever since the eleven others like you came by. Wanna know what I did to the last one?"

The alarm clock ticked softly, a sunny yellow painting the metal covering as two eyes clicked to the sides in sync behind the handles as seconds passed. The black curve of a smile was drawn below the intersection of the clock handles.

He grinned madly, chuckling lowly to himself as he lifted up his hidden hand below the table, pulling out a handgun.

He admired it for a moment, caressing it with his hand as he observed its defined outlines.

"Last time it rang, I gave it a warning. But when it didn't obey...Well, it never rang again! Out in the trash it is now. Understand the circumstances?"

The clock stayed silent, ticking seconds away softly.

The man stared at it blankly, huffing out a breath before plopping himself on the couch properly in order to continue his sleep. "Good." he mumbled.