"Chapter 4: Danger"

The bright sun shines through the glass window. Willow opened her eyes sleepily. A scent then drifted into the room from the cracks of the door. The room filled with an aroma of bacon and eggs. Willow didn’t even remembered the last time she had bacon and eggs. Usually at the palace, she’d always have waffles with maple syrup and a few raisin cookies. She then burst out of bed, and ran towards the delicious smell.

Lex was cooking in the small kitchen. Cracking eggs and putting them into the pan, dropping bacon and letting them sizzle in another. She never learned how to cook, but it seemed fun! An idea then crossed her mind, she would scare him. She walked up as slowly as she could, then threw her arms on him while saying, “BOO!”. Lex jumped and almost dropped the egg he was holding. “Geez i’m surprised you were able to scare me there!” Willow laughed, then gave him a big smile.

After eating breakfast, Willow felt stuffed. “Where should I put this?” She asked as she got up and held her plate. “Just put in the sink right there,” he said as he pointed to the sink.

As they were sitting on the porch in the front of his cottage, staring at the sky, Willow got curious. “So… what do you want to do today?” Lex stared at her then smiled, “How about, we go to the village?” Willow jumped up, “Yay! I’ve never been! I wonder what it’s like! I wonder how many people are there! I wonder if i’ll make new friends! I wonder if I could even get a kitten!” Lex stared at her looking as if a crazy five-year old asked twenty questions about the solar system. “Woah chill there, the village can be dangerous, also, i’m not too sure about kittens, there aren’t really any pet shops there.” Willow frowned. “What do you mean it’s dangerous? I can take care of myself now!” He then shook his head, “There are lots of people who like stealing, and kidnapping. Bad things can happen there.” She sighed and then smiled again, “Ok, ok, i’ll be careful, but let’s go!”

The walk was long, and Willow’s feet hurt. A horse would be really handy, in fact, she wasn’t sure what happened to her horse. It took at least a thirty minute walk to get there, and once they did arrive, she felt like she could fall over.

“Alright,” Lex began, “we’re gonna go to the food shop, then we can go and get you some clothes.” Willow stared at him, “Yeah no kidding, I look like a dude,” she pointed out grimly. “Oh stop, I saved your life, remember?” She rolled her eyes, “Yeah whatever enough talking, let’s just go.”

After getting a bag full of foods, they headed over to the clothes shop. After picking out a few pair of clothes that Willow thought matched her, she headed to the dressing room.

“Do they fit?” Lex called from outside the dressing room. “Yup!” He then bought the clothes for her, which was really nice of him, then walked outside. “Today was fun,” Willow said, then gave him a hug, “and that was really nice that you bought clothes for me.” Lex smiled and hugged her back. “No proble-

They were interrupted by people running toward them. “Who-who’s that!?” Lex gave a face of poor fear, “Run!” They then dashed out of the main part of the village. Willow was not a fast runner, and this was making her more scared. She tried catching up with Lex, but he was too fast. She turned her head a bit, and found someone was exactly behind her. The person in a black cloak grabbed her by the neck and but a sac over her face.

She could see nothing, and everything was dark. All she heard were the sounds of Lex yelling, and a couple of stabbing noizes. She heard someone fall to the ground, then someone picked her up. Whoever it was, it definitely wasn’t Lex, and she now didn’t feel safe. Whoever had taken her, were up to no good.