Chapter 2

-ugh, why do they have to be so competitive all the time..- Matt thought to himself

He went out the door close behind the two and got in the car. He got in the front seat and put the keys inside the ignition and turned them. They pulled out of the library parking lot and started driving down the road. It was pretty quiet until Matt got curious.

"Hey Edd?" he asked.

"Hm?" Edd replied looking out the window.

"What type of things are particularly in that forest?" Matt asked

Matt could see Edds eyes light up when he looked through the rear-view mirror.

"Glad you asked" Edd replied turning his head away from the window and looking towards matt in the front seat.

"you see, there are many things in the cherry hill woods. Some of my personal favorites are the creepy dead trees everywhere." He chuckled for a second and continued. "There are also animals there like bears, wolves, snakes, etc"

Matts grip on the steering wheel tightened at the speaking of those animals. He didn't like to admit it but he was scared of a lot of things,  like for example; everything that Edd had just said.

After a while, they pulled into their driveway and got out of the car. Edd carrying his book, Tord having his hands in his pockets as usual, and Matt feeling very anxious. When Edd and Tord entered the house, they both went straight to their rooms.

Matt confused, he just did the usual of sitting on the couch and staring into his mirror admiring himself.  After a while, he heard rustling and the sound of a door opening. He looked up and saw Edd walking out of the room wearing his red Coca-Cola backpack, the backpack looked like it had equipment inside.

"Edd, what's inside your backpack?" he questioned 

"Just some things for Tomorrow" Edd replied with a sly look on his face.

"what...what's happening tomorrow?" Matt asked.

"haha, we're all going to find the monster, did you forget?" Edd said eagerly.

Matt's Pov

-oh no, so I guess it's official.- I thought to myself.

Just then, Tord came out of his bedroom with a backpack of his own, it was all black with no designs. It also looked like it had a few things inside of it.

"Ready to lose Edd?" Tord said with a smirk

"Oh shut up" Edd replied rolling his eyes.

The two set their backpacks near the door, glared at each other for a few seconds and disappeared into their rooms to go to bed because it was around 8 o'clock. I looked over at the clock and decided to go to bed myself.

I walked down the hall to my room and I opened my door and walked in. I took a look around as if I had never been in here before. I let out a tired sigh and laid down in my bed. I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes and finally turned over on my side so I could get some rest.

"Tomorrow's going to be fun..." I said sarcastically. "REALLY fun."