Who Cares What Others Think?

Hermione sat down on her bed exhausted with tear stained eyes. After crying on the steps to the great hall for a few minutes she decided it was best if she went to bed. She wiped her eyes again and fell backwards into the mattress. The door to the year four girl's dorm opened and Lavender walked in. She looked absolutely peed of. "Hermione are you ok?" She asked in a soft caring voice. Hermione shook her head and Lavender sat at the edge of the elder girl's bed. "Ron was being a selfish idiotic brat. He shouldn't talk to you like that he had no right to step in and say you where being selfish. You shouldn't listen to him," the younger girl said. "Thanks Lav," Hermione muttered. The pair had been dating secretly for three months. Lavender leaned in and kissed Hermione gently before pulling away. "You're such a tease lav," Hermione said smiling at her girlfriend. "We should go back to the hall and show him who's boss. Krum was looking for you as well by the way babe," lavender said sighing. She had wanted to take her girlfriend to the ball but Hermione was scared of the insults they would receive. "I'm sick of Krum! He keeps trying to kiss me. I told him I was only going with him as no one else had asked me!" Hermione said falling back on her bed.

Lavender sighed looking up at the clock there was three hours left of the ball and she really wanted to show Ron who was boss. "Hermione let's sort out your makeup and redo your hair and go back down to the ball, together!" Lavender said looking at her girlfriend with hopeful eyes. "But lav I don't want people to start insulting you because you are with me and your lesbian," Hermione said exhausted. "Please beautiful, I want to show everyone how lucky I am to have you and that your taken," lavender said hopefully. She looked at Hermione with big puppy dog eyes. "Ok babe but you'll get teased for being with me I'm telling you," Hermione said sitting up. "Lets fix up your hair and then sort out your makeup babe," lavender said standing up and taking Hermione with her.

"You still look stunning my dear," lavender said spinning her girlfriend around. Hermione giggles softly and her cheeks burned red. "So do you beautiful," Hermione responded smiling up at her girlfriend. Lavender giggled and kissed Hermione softly. "We should really sort out your hair and makeup if we want to go back down and show them who's boss. Can't have them getting the wrong idea now can we?" Lavender said sitting Hermione down at the dresser.  Lavender grabbed her eyeshadow pallet and smiled at her girlfriend. "Same as early princess?" She asked. Hermione blushed and nodded. 

After twenty minutes lavender had finished Hermione's makeup and she looked like a princess. "You look absolutely stunning my princess!" Lavender said. Hermione faintly blushed and giggled. "Maybe tonight we will finally be happy," Hermione said smiling. Lavender smiled back at her girlfriend and got to work on her hair. Fixing it up in a perfect bun position and making sure strands where lose to frame her face. She truly did look beautiful. Lavender waved her wand to quickly fix her hair and makeup. She wanted Hermione's to be done special not by magic. "Ready beautiful?" Lavender asked Hermione while helping her out of her chair. "Of course gorgeous," Hermione responded smiling. They walked down into the common room.

They heard shouting. Harry and Ron where arguing. "I told you the second we came back down Ron and the second we left and all those times you asked, yes you where completely out of line, no I highly doubt lavender is in a relationship and no I don't think Krum is deserving of our Mione!" Harry shouted. "I wasn't out of line mate!" Ron said back angrily. "I hate to step in but you got something wrong there I do happen to be in a relationship. And I happen to love my girlfriend a lot and you Ronald where definitely out of line!" Lavender said stepping forward. "Girlfriend?" Ron asked shocked. "Yes have you got a problem with your so called best friend and your crush dating Ronald?" Hermione asked. "What? It's you two? Why the hell would you lower yourself to the level of dating Lavender! You are way above her!" He shouted at Hermione. She stepped forward and slapped him for the second time that night. "Don't you dare insult my girlfriend! She is extremly loving and caring and by my side when I need her!" Hermione said viciously. She took lavender's hand smiled at Harry and left the common room.

They walked into the hall to see plenty of couple still dancing. Many people where making out in corners and the teachers left where to tired to split them up. A slow song came on next and Lavender let Hermione to the middle of the dance floor. "Lets show this school the new power couple they'll all be rooting for," lavender whispered to her girlfriend. Hermione smiled and the pair started slow dancing. They caught a lot of people's attention. Including Hermione's old date Krum. He smiled knowingly. He thought she was trying to make him jealous and get him to kiss her. Though he had been trying. Lavender looked up at him and scoweld. "Krums watching us my dear," Lavender whispered to Hermione. "Then let's show him what we've got!" Hermione responded before pulling lavender down for a kiss by her neck. She didn't pull away. The pair shared quite a public and romantic kiss in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by people that hated Hermione. "I love you Hermione, no matter what happens I will always remember you and love you till the end of time," lavender said. Everyone could hear them as the music had stopped and so had all the chatter when they kissed. "I love you too Lavender you always know how to cheer me up. I could never forget you even if I tried. I love you too much," Hermione responded. They heard a loud groan coming from Krum as he walked out. "There goes my awful excuse of a date that kept me from you most of the night," Hermione said. "See Mione who cares what people think?"