Epilogue

The blonde sat at the bar in a scarlet red skin tight dress, that defined every curve of her body. In addition, she wore black open toe heels showing off her legs. "Two shots of tequila please," she asks making eye contact with the tall muscular blonde working the bar. "Sure thing," he says sending her a smile as he goes to pour the shots not bothering to ID her. 

The man sets the two shot glasses down on the bar in front of the girl. "Thank you," she says softly as he walks away to serve a couple at the other end of the bar. With one swift move, she pours the shot into her mouth forcing the disgusting liquid down her throat. 

Cali coughs cringing at the taste, "Easy there, I don't wanna carry you home tonight." a familiar voice says catching her attention. She turns only to be greeted by Steve, standing there in a dark blue button-up shirt with a pair of light green cargo pants. "Mind if I join you?" the tall short-haired brunette asks standing behind a bar stool. 

She shrugs as she downs the second shot, wincing as the alcohol burns the back of her throat. "Everyone's over at Kamekona's getting shrimp to celebrate closing the case," Steve says sitting next to her. "I don't really wanna be around a lot of people right now," she replies softly glancing over to the short-haired brunette as she flags down the bartender. 

"Can I get a Mai Tai please." she asks looking at the bartender already feeling the buzz of the tequila already. "Can I get a beer please?" the brunette asks the bartender. "Aren't you suppose to be meeting the rest of the team?" Cali asks meeting his hazel-blue eyes. He shrugs, "What's on your mind?" he asks ignoring her previous question. The blonde bartender sets their drinks in front of the two before taking the shot glasses and walking off. 

The blonde releases a sigh from her mouth, "I miss her so much. She would've been Five today and she's just gone, no more birthdays, her life is just gone." she says as tears fill her eyes and a lump forms in the back of her throat. "How does a mother take the life of her own daughter?" she asks meeting his eyes as a tear falls steaming down her face. 

The brunette slowly lifts his hand using his thumb to wipe away her tears. "I'm sorry for your loss Cali. It's gonna be difficult for a while but, as time goes on it'll hurt less," he says looking into the blonde's ocean blue eyes. "Thank you," she says softly looking at the brunette before pulling him into a hug. "Your Ohana now Cali. Now what do you say we finish off our drinks and go join the others at the shrimp truck?" he asks as she lets go of the hug nodding.

The blonde wipes her tears away as the brunette raises his glass of beer.  "To Savannah, the sweetest 4-year old that was taken too soon," he says looking towards Cali. She raises her glass as well, "May you rest in peace Sav." the blonde adds as the two clink glasses before drinking the contents. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys that was the end of California White! I hope you enjoyed the story. 

Don't forget to vote on the chapter and comment your thoughts. 

-Muskokagirl204