Chapter One

-A few months before The X-Factor (or two years earlier) -

"Turn around, bright eyes. Turn around!" Niall belted his heart out as he sang getting on one knee so that we would be face-to-face as he serenaded me. He had one hand on his chest and the other outwards in a diagonal. Usually I would copy him jut to be annoying but in my current sitting position I went for the "fainting fan girl" bit instead, where I put one hand on my forehead, palm facing outwards and the other on  my heart as if I'm about to pass out. After finishing the song with a flourish he gets up and bows as our small group of friends cheer him on.

     "Oh, yeah get in there Nia- Ow!" yelled Thomas before receiving an eye roll from me and a nice punch to the shoulder from Caroline.

     "Thank you, thank you! And now a round of applause for my lovely assistant, yes I know, I know you love me. I would just like to say thank you to all of you little people because without you I would not be here today, singing on Oxford St. sidewalk." Niall continued his little speech as I zoned out a little thinking how unlikely it was for him- for any of us to be singing or performing anywhere outside this little town. But at the same time just how much Niall deserved to be. He really did. I was still in my own world when I hear Briana interrupting Niall in the middle of the "And as hard as it was, I made it, and it was all cause of you" part of his speech.

     "Oh for god’s sake Niall, quit staling and tell them already!" Briana was the queen of our group and next to Niall, my best friend. She had straight dark-brown hair that fell perfectly down her back and draped her tan shoulders. Completely opposite of my brown/blond hair that was a frizzy mess. Her make-up was perfectly applied on her already pretty face although it was only a little so it's never like she tries to hard. That was always something I admired about her. If I wanted to look nearly as perfect as her, I'd be trying way to hard and if there's anything I hate, it's looking fake. Oh, and I forgot she's dating Niall.

      Yup. She and Niall are a couple. Fun, right?

     "You can't keep it to yourself Niall. At least not forever." Briana continued. She seemed excited about something and a little giddy. I wasn't sure what exactly was happening because she never kept things from me and neither did Niall.

     "Fine." He responded with a sigh. "Umm, you guys obviously know The X-Factor." He seemed nervous witch was not his style, especially in front of our crowed. And what the hell was he talking about? The X-Factor?

     "Our crowd" is made up of Briana, Niall, Thomas, Caroline and I. Briana and I are a year younger than the rest which I guess is a reason why we are best friends and not her and Caroline or visa-versa. Thomas is gay, although he hasn't exactly come out of the closet, except with us of course. He is the extremely…Annoying, one who can lead the conversation, just as well as Bree those, which I guess is why Thomas is to her as Niall is to me.

     Caroline is the dumb blond of the group or the flirt, who has had a thing for both Niall and Thomas but Niall always liked "someone else". Two months ago it was evident that that someone else was Briana, when he asked her out.

     "Well, umm I..." Niall continued after a short pause and stopped again looking down at his hands playing around with the hem of his soccer jersey then back at us. We made brief eye contact before he looked back down.

    After one quick deep breath he finally got that wave of courage he needed. "Greg signed me up for The X-Factor. I'm auditioning in Dublin. I'm not sure when, I'll be getting that and more information soon."

     In case you don't know, The X-Factor is a TV show, much like American Idol where they go all around the UK looking for the next big superstar. Niall and Greg, his older brother always watched it together if possible, otherwise it was Niall and I in his basement with popcorn and sodas, betting on our favorites.

      Last year he won the bet but this year victory was mine. One year ago, Niall had me cook him a homemade dinner so this year it was his turn to do the cooking and it turned into a huge food fight. Niall's dad actually came in, grabbed a handful of flour and blew it in Niall's face. It wasn't two against one for long because as soon as we brought out the whipping cream Greg walked through the door. To this day we argue about who won, but since I never got that dinner he let me have it. Sarcastically, maybe, but it's still another point for me.

      Caroline was the first to speak. "What?! That's incredible! Ohmygod Niall!" She jumped up and gave him a celebratory hug and the rest of us followed.

     "Good job mate, that's amazing!" Thomas said patting Niall on the back. Hmm that was off. Thomas was always so much louder at times like these.

     Niall was beaming with pride by the time Briana gave him his hug a quick kiss on the mouth. "I told you they'd love it." She added a quick smile before making room for me to congratulate him.

    "Don’t forget me on your road to stardom, huh mate?" I reminded him as I spread my hands out for another one of the not-so-famous Horan hugs.

     "Wouldn't dream of it A." he said in my ear, giving me chills.

     After a quick kiss on the cheek we parted and that's when I realized how late it was. "Damn, guys I got to get going. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said in Niall and Bree's direction, not necessarily talking to either one. They both nodded and I grabbed my helmet, slipped it on my head not bothering to clasp it. Then I ran to my red mountain bike and started jogging in the direction of my house, holding it by the bars.

     "What the hell Nia-" I heard Caroline scream just as I was about to turn the curb. "Shut the fuck up Caroline, she can hear you!" Niall yelled back.

     And with that I turn around to find Niall looking at me curiously like I heard something I shouldn't have although Niall and Caroline argue quite a lot. Briana wasn't there which means she left to, not thirty seconds ago probably, but her house is right around the corner which means they had to mean me.

     Who cares, they fight a lot, Caroline probably said something about me or Briana that Niall thought would offended us, although it's all jokes and shit. I have too much to think about anyway. Niall and his audition, which I currently had mixed feelings about, finals at school, etc. And maybe one more thing.

     Briana has been acting really weird lately, like she's been keeping to herself. Niall’s audition for example. She would've called me the minute she found out but the last week or so she's been off. And she's been keeping her distance from Niall to. Who knows she's probably just PMS'ing.

     And with that I rode back home in a hurry, my train of thought disappearing as I prepared a late dinner of mac and cheese, humming "Total Eclipse of the Heart" absentmindedly.

   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Andi here! I really don't know about this chapter...

Okay well give honest feedback please and I would really appreciate if you told me what you would like to happen next based on what I’ve written so far. Thanks Xx

(okay yeah i reread it and i really dont like it. muchmuch to cliche and i didn't put enough work into it i will probably reedit it next time i have the time so stay tuned)