Prologue

"You weren’t there for her! You could have saved her; you could've been there for..." I couldn't finish. My eyes where overflowing by the second with the salty liquid that also skimmed my chapped lips. "You couldn't take a minute out of your life to call her or at least sent her a text!" I quickly blinked a couple times trying to get a good look at my old best friend. A couple years ago I loved him. Now all I felt when I was reminded of him was anger, grief and a lot of guilt.

      "You didn't even come home for her funeral... Why Niall? She was your girlfriend and one of your best friends. I heard you talk about her in an interview, you said she was amazing! You loved her." The blinking was no use so I used the back of my hand to wipe away the excess tears. My open fingered glove scratched at the tender part of my right eye but I ignored it looking up expecting to see grief and guilt written all over Niall's face. What I saw instead was anger and desire. Probably the desires to finally express how much he hated me. His hands clenched into fists at his side as he takes a couple steps closer to me. Out of reflex I almost take a step back but I stop, reminding myself I have to hold my ground. I don't care about what he has to say, what his excuse is. I don’t care if he is crying, I don't care if he is in as much pain as I am right now and I don't care how close he is standing to me or that his breath smells like cinnamon.

   One year ago Aiden Parkers best friend Briana overdosed on pills. But Briana wouldn't be remembered as Aiden's best friend, but as One Direction's Niall Horan's ex-girlfriend. Shortly after Briana passes the British-Irish boy band comes to an end and Niall returns to a very grief stricken home town where he is forced to re-evaluate Brianna's death and help Aiden overcome the desire for her own.