Our Reality

My Journey to Melanin Monroe

As an infant I was taught by white society to hate my skin because they looked down on us as if being black was a sin. So I adapted to their speech and relaxed my hair. Thinking to myself I'm half way there. I adapted to their style and the way that they would play, wishing the Melanin in my skin would just go away. I hated that I was black until one day when I watched something about the truth on "slaves". And everyday I would watch it and learn some more, more than I once knew from the day before. And I felt a deep hatred grow in my heart because you strangers have always envied us from the very start. We helped you and you beat us and sold us as slaves but that's Africa's fault too for making you think that it was okay. We were sold by our own people the ones with the same skin. Our brothers and sisters who envied us back then. Yeah it hurt my heart to learn the truth but I'm awake, wide awake! Stop apologizing when you aren't sorry for your "mistake". And I quote it because we know it was used on purpose as a way to degrade and hurt us. As a way to keep us down because if we were to rise it'd be no turning around. You all fear the educated blacks that's why police go around shooting us in our backs, but y'all don't wanna hear the facts so y'all post some bull to set our minds off track. Like who's beefing with who, somebody with somebody baby mama but we don't wanna see that fake ass celebrity drama. Give us justice and give us the truth. Tell us how you murdered innocent black men and women too. Tell us will you ever give justice to Trevon? Sandra bland? and the others? You owe it to their moms, their sisters and brothers.
And though you hate the melanin in our skin. We'll always be proud to be black women and men. The way that we shine, the way that we glow. You hate it because you aren't in control. And by you I mean the whites who hate us. The whites who try to constantly degrade us. You whites who claim that you made us. You whites that were scared of our protesting so you sprayed us. You caused a deep hatred from our people because you lie and steal. It's our people that you constantly kill. If we were to do the same how would you feel? Cause this is our reality and what I'm saying is real.