chapter 2

Jimin yawned as he sat on his bed and smiled at how easily he managed to unpack the few belongings he had. The bed was a double and in the centre of the room with grey covers and darker blankets laid on top with an abundance of pillows. His clothes were packed into a dresser underneath the windowsill, jewellery carefully placed in a dish on top as well as some skin care products. Some of his hoodies and dress shirts were hung in a thin wardrobe next to the dresser, a mirror smartly decorated the front of it. The bottom drawer contained some of his little things, neatly folded pastel t-shirts, some colouring books and various pairs of colourful socks decorated with animals. The room connected to a small bathroom containing a shower, where Jimin put his toiletries and towels. He had used the shower already before unpacking the majority of his stuff, feeling embarrassed to have not showered yet due to Yoongi's early arrival.

"Jimin-ah! We have ramen!" Yoongi exclaimed placing two bowels of ramen onto the kitchen table. The kitchen was only a little way down the hall, Jimin's mouth was watering at the smell of the food, surprised that ramen could smell so nice.

Jimin smiled at the older, sitting at the table opposite him. They both eagerly tucked into their ramen, engaging in small talk to get to know each other. Jimin discovered that Yoongi was an underground rapper, going by the name 'Gloss', whereas Yoongi discovered Jimin was a dance instructor who worked on weekends teaching dance classes to children.

Yoongi enjoyed the company of the younger. He enjoyed how his eyes lit up when he was surprised and how they turned into crescent moons when he laughed. The atmosphere around Jimin was comforting to Yoongi, it made him feel calm and relaxed, yet he felt like his stomach was doing somersaults. He didn't quite understand what made him feel this way around Jimin but it made his heart warm and he liked it.

The two boys sat together on the sofa, watching some movie that Jimin honestly wasn't paying much attention to. He couldn't get his mind off work no matter how much he tried. It wasn't that he hated his job, just that he hated how long it took the children he taught to actually pay attention, or how some of them seemed to use the class as a joke rather than a lesson. He just wanted to forget about it all and be carefree for a while but he knew that there was no way that he wanted Yoongi to find out, at least not yet anyway, as he knew sooner or later the older would find out. The thought of this scared Jimin but he didn't have a choice in the matter, not wanting to lose this place he could finally see himself calling home.

"I-I'll see you tomorrow, I'm quite tired and have work tomorrow so goodnight hyung.." Jimin mumbled quickly as he left the room and shut the door behind him in his room. He sighed and stared ahead at the window, slipping to the floor and pulling his knees to his chest. He rested his head on his knees and breathed slowly, trying to stop the tears from escaping his eyes.

He didn't want Yoongi to find out about him being small, as he quite enjoyed spending time with him, even if he had known the boy less than 24 hours. He enjoyed the older mans gummy smile and the way he chuckled at the slightest thing. He really wished that he could stay for as long as possible and get to know Yoongi more, he just didn't want him to find out the secret that could ruin everything.

Sighing, he stood up and went over to his window, staring out across the landscape of lights, admiring the way they lit up for miles to see. He pulled the blind shut and turned to his bed, turning on the string of lights that he had loosely hung above his bed with tape and grabbing some grey shorts and an oversized t-shirt to change into for the night. He brushed his teeth and splashed his face with some cold water before stepping out of his room to get himself a drink. Not wanting to bother the older, he walked as silently as his bare feet would let him to. Yoongi was sat with his back to Jimin facing the T.V, however soft snores could be heard from the older and Jimin chuckled to himself, heading to the fridge to get himself a drink. He grabbed the milk carton and headed to the cupboard to get himself a glass, however the one he wanted was near the back of the top shelf so he heaved himself up onto the kitchen side and grabbed the glass. The glass slipped from his grip and crashed to the floor with a loud smash, causing Jimin to yelp and Yoongi to shoot up from his sleep and turn around. "Jimin are you okay?" He asked standing from the couch to see the glass smashed and Jimin with a panic in his eyes. Jimin simply nodded his head and mumbled a small 'sorry' before turning himself to be sat on the counter, too afraid to step onto the floor for fear of cutting his feet on the shards beneath him.

Yoongi was quick to find a brush to sweep the mess up with and he reached and grabbed Jimin a mug which was hung under the cupboard, sighing. "Next time you want a drink, get one of the mugs, they're easier to reach." He stated simply, pouring the milk into the mug for Jimin and handing it to the man who was now leaning against the counter with his head hung feeling embarrassed that he had managed to smash one of Yoongi's glasses despite only living in the apartment for the best part of 12 hours. Jimin said his thanks and retreated to his room quietly, earning a chuckle as Yoongi followed and entered his own room.

Yoongi's room was slightly larger than Jimin's, his bed was covered in a black blanket and had several pillows lining the head of the bed. The layout was simple, with a dresser and wardrobe lining a wall, blinds that seemed to be permanently shut covering the window, a small dish containing some earrings and a few rings carefully positioned in the centre of the windowsill. He got changed into some black and white pyjama pants and a black t-shirt and crawled into bed, easily letting sleep consume him.