Chapter 8

Betty's POV
Peter had been gone for a couple of days. I had seen him with my Dad before he left. I suspect that he went with him somewhere. What was the connection between Dad and Peter? Why is this so hard to figure out?

My pencil snapped. Everyone in class turned to look at me. We were doing a math test and the room was silent.

"Sorry." I said quietly. I opened my pencil case and got another pencil. I continued to write.

"Excuse me, Ms.  Can I go to the washroom?" I asked.

"You have to finish your test first." The teacher said.

"Okay,"

I had almost finished anyways. Once I was done, I handed in my paper and walked to the bathroom.

The hallway was silent. The class doors were closed.

Life was confusing. I didn't understand what Peter was doing. Veronica and Archie might have something going on, which I'm fine about it because I have Jughead now. My dad was off on another mission. Jughead and I still couldn't figure out what happened to Jason. On top of that, Polly (my "sister") is missing, so I've been spending all of my time looking for her, but school takes up so much of my time.

I was so stressed. I sighed and splashed my face with water. I turned to leave. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone in the mirror. That was the last thing I remember.

Peters POV
Tony had just told me the plan. We were supposed to meet everyone else in an hour.

I was so excited!! Big fan of Captain America!! According to Mr. Starks plan, I get to take his shield, which was a bit mean, but it's fine. It's gonna be so cool.

Betty's POV
I slowly opened my eyes. My head was pounding and everything was blurry. I squeezed my eyes open and close, adjusting to the light.

"She's awake." A women said.

"Do you know who we are?" The man asked.

I nodded.

"Do you know why you're here?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Well, we don't now who you are, but we found pictures of you at Tony's house, which means you're probably important to him."

I eyes widened. I struggled to get out.

"Look I'm sorry for doing this, but we are going to use you as leverage." He started walking away.

"I imagined you guys different, nicer." I finally said.

"So, I take it the group has split. ,or you wouldn't be keeping me here against my will, steve."

"Look, were sorry okay? It's really important." Steve said. "We'll let you go when we are done.."

I sighed. I wasn't going to be going anymore, anytime soon.

"We leave in an hour." He said to Wanda.

Jugheads POV
It had been a day since I had seen Betty. The last time I saw her, she had gone to the bathroom. The class ended so I left before I saw her come back.

I had texted her, but she wasn't replying. Was she mad at me?

I don't know what happened.  We were fine. It might be the stress from looking for Polly.

"You okay?" Lori asked.

"Sorry, caught up in my thoughts." I turned back to my computer.

"Do you want to go for dinner sometime?" She asked, out for the blue.

"Oh, um, sure. I'm not busy tonight,. If that's fine with you." I replied.

I think only Peter knew about Betty and I. Hmm....that's weird, I haven't seen Peter either. Was it a coincidence? Well, he left two days before she did.

I went back to writing my book. Riverdale was a mess.

Peters POV
I swung over to my hiding spot. I watched iron man and war machine fly down from the sky. It was hard to hear what they were saying.

I saw a person dressed in black and Black Widow emerge.

I had my camera in my hiding spot. I had been filming the whole trip. Most of the videos were just of me annoying happy.

"Okay, there's Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, woah who's that new guy?!" I whispered. A zoomed in a tiny bit in the camera.

"Underoos!!" I hear Mr. Stark call.

"Oh, oh thats me ,that's me!" I turned the camera so it's facing my face. *I gotta go, I gotta go."

I leaped up form my spot, shot a web at Captain America's shield (I caught it) and did a flip. That was awesome!!!!!

"Nice job kid" He said.

Steve had his hands webbed.

"Thanks, well I could've stuck the landing a bit better but it's just the new suit, it's nothing Mr. Stark. It's perfect thank you."

"Um, we don't really need to start a conversation here." Tony said.

Why do I talk so much?!?!

We started fighting. It's so so cool, and serious. Very serious.

Betty's POV
I was tied up and waiting in a car. I don't really know what I was waiting for. Steve told me he would only use me if he was desperate.

"If I could just find something to untimely my hands" I mumbled.

I twisted my body sideways and unbuckled the seatbelt. Having your hands tied behind your back makes things very hard.

The Avengers may have kidnapped me, but they didn't really know that much about me. I was born with Theis little trick.

I stood up, trying to get as much space as possible. I slowly fliped my arms over head. I've been told that it looks really gross, but it's very convenient.

Okay, now that I have my arms in didn't of me, it should make things easier.

I looked around. I checked the cup holders, nothing there. I checked under the seats, still nothing. There was nothing I could use to untie myself.

I tried to get the rope off my hands. I used my teeth to try and rip it off, but that didn't work.

In the end, I decided to try and get out of the car and just run. It was stupid and I'd probably not going to work, but it was the only option to escape.

I pulled at the door, hoping they didn't lock it. I don't recall them locking the doors, which was a mistake. Maybe there was a child lock on it, meaning I couldn't open the door from the inside. I climbed into the front seat and to my surprise, it opened.

I crawled into the front seat and out the door.

Then I ran like hell.