Chapter Nine

Christine's P.O.V

I wake up in a bed, one that seems to be made of clouds. I had a crazy dream, I went past the wall. I befriended a wolf and found out he was my mate at a welcoming ceremony. Worst of all I turned into a wolf and it felt way too real.

I roll over.

"Ahhhhhhh," I scream. It's the werewolf from my dreams. I panic, I grab the lamp ready to knock him out if he moves. Then I notice what I am wearing. It smells like him. It is his shirt. Then, looking over at him I notice his bare chest. Part of me wants to run my hands over it, maybe hug them close to him.  But, I resisted those urges and then set down my lamp. I have admired him for far too long, so if he is the rest of it must be. A chill runs through me and I wrap my arms almost instinctively around him. He makes me feel safe and warm. I set my cheek on his chest and listened to his fast heartbeat. It thumps as if it were a song just for me. I close my eyes and drift off again.

When I wake up again it's to him smiling down at me. I smile back and stretch, yawning to myself. I can feel his eyes travel down my body and linger on my bare legs. They are clean and the soap, I used cleans well. My knees are not ashy anymore from dirt and the witch did a good job removing the hair from my body. She did a good job making me, not look like a mess.

"I like them too," I say breaking the silence.

A gust of wind wraps around me and I giggle as it tickles my body.

I have someone, but when I found out I ran. I hope he will forgive me. I want to feel like I belong.

Is this where I belong, with him?
I have decided to stay for good, I can't go back knowing what I turn into.