From Me to You

Back in my middle school years, dating was already kind of a thing. But I told myself, "I'm not gonna be one of those people that dates for fun. I want my first boyfriend to be the last."

At least, that's what I thought.

I don't remember the exact date but I sure do remember clear and fresh how I first met him.

* * *

I was scrolling on my feeds on Facebook when I got a message.

"Hi,"

A guy named Jayson Vernon just messaged me. The name wasn't so familiar to me. I didn't want to be rude so I decided to reply,

"Hey," it didn't took him too long to reply back,

"What's up?" so it started.

We were chatting online for a while. He wasn't giving those signals that he liked me or anything like that yet.

We were just plainly friends.

A little over 2 months, we decided to actually meet in person. At first, I was hesitant about it given that I've never done this before, and I also heard a lot of cases like this. People would chat online, they decide to meet, and the other person ended up killing the other person. I had a million thoughts about the idea.

"I think you should really meet up with him," my friend, Anna, said. "If you want, I can go with you," she added. She kept convincing me for days. After a few days of arguing with her, I decided I would go and meet him.

* * *

I had band and choir practice that day. "This is it! Just be calm, you're gonna be okay," I thought to myself.

Deep inside I wasn't really calm. I tried to be, but I'm actually not.

It was already dark when Anna and I left school and started walking to the second bus stop where we usually wait for a transit bus to take us home. The school we went to was at least 30 minutes away from where we actually lived.

The moon was full that night with the stars shining so bright as well. When we passed the first bus stop, I saw a very tall and dark-haired guy standing. I couldn't really see his face because it was dark. He was looking down on his phone and he seems to be looking for something. Or someone.

"Hey Anna! I think that's him. Look to the side. Tall guy, holding his phone," I told her with my voice shaking.

"Go say hi and Introduce yourself," she replied.

"No you do it," I said hoping she wouldn't actually do it.

She walked straight to the guy and I thought, "It was just a freaking joke!"

She walked up to him and asked the guy if his name was Jayson. I was kind of hoping that it wasn't him.

But it was him.

I was so nervous! He walked to my direction, smiling.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked. He smelled like baby cologne except the scent was manly.

"I'm great! Never been better," I lied.

"Good. Are you guys hungry? Because I am." He asked, his hands on his belly.

"Yeah, I am. We just finished choir and band practice. Where do you wanna eat?" I replied trying to act as cool as I can.

"It's up to y'all. It's my treat by the way," he said with the cutest smile I've ever seen in my life and so we did!