Chap 3

Chapter 3: The One Where It All Began
Back with another chapter!

I decided to update instantly because I might not be able to update more in the future. I have work now, and I probably would be more pre-occupied with that :/ Gotta earn to eat something, ya know?

Also, kudos to you if you know where the chapter's title is referenced from ^^

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's a bit angst-y and OOC, but eh, it's a fanfic.

When Teruhashi Kokomi was still a freshman in college, almost half of the seniors were already courting her. And as the perfect girl she was, she would humbly turn them down and say an excuse like, she has to finish schooling first or her mind wasn't set on having a boyfriend yet. Though deep inside, the main reason she wasn't interested in anyone is because of one guy.

And now that she was a sophomore, that guy still won't even look at her for a full minute.

She was used to having it all handed to her when she wanted something. She won't say it out loud but instead, she would drop hints and in a snap, she would have what she want. Heck, even God is on her side. Kokomi might as well be the most powerful human to stand on the planet.

She is well aware of that as well.

Despite seemingly having everything she wants, and whatever she would want she could get, there was still one thing that she couldn't have; Saiki Kusuo's "oh~".

She gritted her teeth, just remembering all the attempts she did that ended in vain. How much does he love her that he can't express it like a normal human being? And that was one of Kokomi's mistake; to think that Kusuo was madly in love with her and to assume that he was normal. He knows everything about her, and she hadn't had the slightest clue that he knows the real Kokomi. As far as she knows, the pink-haired guy was this classmate that always had blank expression on his face. She might not even see him genuinely react to something besides sweets.

With a sigh, Kokomi stared at the window of the library.

She loves him, and she's certain of that now. She can't be infatuated with a guy for two years now and not get sick of it. She doesn't know what made her like him in the first place, but it's not like she can do anything about it now. Kusuo is a plain guy, for crying out loud! Compared to her, they weren't exactly compatible. They had nothing in common, and he never initiated a conversation with her, ever.

"Should I just give up on Saiki-kun?"

That thought was always in the back of her mind for a long time, but it was only at this moment that she considered it. There are still a lot of men in the world after all. Men that would surely match Kokomi's wants and needs. She tried imagining a life with an extremely handsome and rich young bachelor asking for her hand in marriage and live her life like a princess, the life she thinks she always deserved. But then Kusuo's face would just pop out of nowhere. It drove her mad that every time she thinks about the future, all she sees is his face.

She scratched her head in annoyance, confused about her own thoughts.

Suddenly, her phone rang. It was a text message from one of her college friends, inviting her again for a mixer she turned down from going yesterday. She stared at the text for a few seconds, thinking of Kusuo. Then, she shook her head and typed her message.

I think I'll go with you guys ^^ I just finished most of my homework and I could use some time to unwind. See you!

And she hit send.

Saiki Kusuo walked along the sidewalks of the city, doing his usual rounds of searching for the best coffee jelly at the perfect value. He does this as a daily habit, but he always had his reasons. As he was about to enter another grocery store, a group of guys who just went out of a pharmacy bumped against him. He mumbled a small apology before walking onward, when he felt a sudden chill down his spine. He glance back at the group and eyed them for a few seconds before going in the store.