BITING DOWN

❛ breathed so deep i thought i'd drown,
it feels better biting down ❜

( the unfortunate events of a boy coated in gunpowder with a comrade's blood caking the bed of his fingernails )

confederate

confederate. ━ ( EXTENDED SUMMARY )

War dances on the broad shoulders of his weary subconscious, the propaganda fraying his bones and the muddied boots marching on his fragile chest. It tantalises seductively with the angel and demon, stealing innocence - dying broken on a battlefield with the halo wrapped around his neck. Augustus Moore was damned, amid the chaos and hellfire he fell and fell. His youth in shambles at the sound of gunfire and the smell of decay of a death stalked soul - darling, dearest, dead carved by withering fingers on red veined tombstones. Red, red, warm sticky red, clogging his throat, spilling out of his nose, coating his hands, red, red, crimson. Her crimson eyes. This bulletproof adolescent with gunpowder smothering the arch of his mouth, chalking the back of his teeth, would he spit barbwires or would he play in the ribs of the decaying beasts of war?

Augustus Moore spew paranoia of uncut, sharp nails scraping across his neck, splitting marble skin and digging into his boyhood innocence. Her flowered words, her thorny tongue digging into the indents of his withering mind, licking up the venom that pooled in the craters on his back and bosom, he screamed out for mercy. His lips tasted of demolition and psalms, for in his mouth the godhead sent their miracles in forms of blood turned venom and strong boys with sunlight in their throats and muscled biceps, warming, heating, burning.

He was used to looking at death in his eyes, looking at Jasper Whitlock's gaze. Those burning eyebrights of fresh blood- unfamiliar as the tide passes. Soon malicious delight coated those irises and he wondered if the venom burned his sockets.

Jasper was the vessel for Ares, exhibiting muscled thighs and a voice that dictated the wars of the Earth, past, present and future - the ground shook with the roars of battle, the air sharp and metallic tasting of canons and blind patriotism. He trembled under blood coated hands, he kissed those palms - Jasper was a man worth dying for, Augustus wasn't a boy worth saving.

Jasper Whitlock, Ares - the God of blood-tinged chaos and war. Augustus Moore, the broken immortal - painted in bloody red, the scythe to the damned immortals with a lifespan of three hundred and sixty five. Augustus Moore, darling, dearest, death. Tragedy, renegade, apostate, creature of the twisted, lover of a God. Damned.

blood speckled grey coat

blood speckled grey coat. ━ ( CAST )

fionn whitehead as augustus moore

❛ i am a weapon and weapons don't weep ❜

war ravaged screams. ━ ( AUTHORS NOTE & DISCLAIMERS)

disclaimers is that i only own augustus moore, the moore family their backstories etc. i don't own the twilight saga, the original plot etc all of those belong to stephenie meyer. this plot was given to me by herafterheart .warnings!!!! this book will contain heavy mentions of death, ptsd, depression, suicide, gore, violence, swearing, war, lgbtq+ content and sexual content. please note that if you have any problems with any of these aspects then i advise you not to read this book. this is a pretty dark book which tackles the harsh reality of war, also please excuse me if i get some information wrong on the american civil war - i am not american and i have never learnt about this part of history, i am researching information constantly but if you decide to take pity on me then give me a quick rundown on the events, it'll help out a lot!! this book is also heavily inspired by 'all quiet on the western front' by erich maria remarque.