( 01. ) ON THE BRINK OF WAR

❛ he holds me in his big arms, drunk i am
seeing stars this is all i think of ❜

❛ he holds me in his big arms, drunk i amseeing stars this is all i think of ❜

IT WAS IN THE MORNINGS, that Augustus Moore felt the resonating pangs of the gentle spring winds passing through his blood and bones, becoming a deeper part of his identity

IT WAS IN THE MORNINGS, that Augustus Moore felt the resonating pangs of the gentle spring winds passing through his blood and bones, becoming a deeper part of his identity. It was on the hill where they were both cast in crimson, bathed in a rosy glow; unbeknownst to fate's generosity in giving them another dawn, did he appreciate life. When sunlight filled the sky, pure scattered light; its hue ambitiously illuminating each crevice of the land below that Augustus felt like his purpose was preordained and controlled by the fading astral planes kissing the mountain's peak.

His fingers intertwined with skin of golden, blind to the sheer beauty that shone off her golden head and the vast sea with its rippling silver linings coursing in her eyes. The dark always terrified him but Liora Bennett was wholly made up after the blackness of night, she was the Earth's star rising on the horizon but she spread her gold in every direction. She came to him in a way that natural forces do, needing not invitation yet feeling her welcome. The light was her ordained gift, bold and free, for anyone who care to open their eyes in the dawn and watch the world awaken from its sleepy haze. Within Liora Bennett, she sparked the sun in Augustus, a boy created within the craters of the moon, ignited warmth to his creation and inspired him to seek beauty in the world around him.

Augustus Moore didn't understand her, perhaps he was never meant to gain insight into all her intentions or the curling of her lip and the devilish tint in her eyes. But he understood enough that marrying his childhood sweetheart was his purpose in this great scheme of life. Marry the woman whose voice coats the peaks and valleys with dripping honey, who reads the latest scripture and who had enough faith to pray on her knees to the higher power for safety and reassurance.

He knew that this chance of love didn't come freely, not when the new age of men had come where unrequited love spans far longer than a man's lifespan. Where a love that's passion and determination, fire with earth, yet is also a serenity where their souls can dwell in forever. Not when all that came from young maiden's mouths were shrill screaming, their broken hearts grinded into gunpowder to fuel a man's greed which left chaos and death in their wake. She had the power to make him forget all in his troubles.