Past Wounds

*Y/N's POV*

Noelle was on my back, I was giving her a piggy back ride pretty much. Feels like I'm a kid again. Now that I think about it, Noelle does seem familiar to me. It feels like we have met before, but I don't remember where we met.

Y/N: "Where do you think he would be in the city?"

Noelle: I'm not sure. Maybe--"

She was interrupted by a building blowing up.

Y/N: "Think I found him."

I ran at top speed and within a second, we were at the building that exploded. I turned my head to look at Noelle, she was blushing. Why? She had me put her down quickly and she fixed her skirt fast.

Noelle: "T-That was fast and all, but I don't think I wanna do that again..."

Y/N: "Fast? That's kinda normal speed to me for running."

Noelle: "What may seem normal to you, isn't normal to others."

Y/N: "Yeah, whatever."

I look around and see someone. Well, a demon. He had white hair, dark horns, and one demonic arm. Isn't this one the Noelle was talking about?

Noelle: "It's him..."

Y/N: "Thought so."

I saw someone crawl out of a building that was destroyed. It was one of the heroes. Iron Devil. He wasn't in his costume but you could tell it was him, he had a sword in front of him and blood was coming from his head.

???: "Heroes really need to learn their place. If the Ice Queen couldn't kill me, then what made you think you were different?"

Iron Devil see's us and his eyes widen.

Iron Devil: "Run!!"

The demon turns around and looks at us.

???: "Kids?"

Y/N: "Actually, I'm your opponent now. Noelle, get back."

Noelle: "No..."

Y/N: "Noelle, you aren't ready for him."

Noelle: "You don't even know how strong I am! I will avenge my mother, even if you are in the way!"

I turn my head slightly so I could see Noelle. She was angry. I can tell she wanted to get him back for killing her mother. I sigh and look back at the demon.

???: "Your mother? Wait... The Ice Queens daughter?"

I step in front of Noelle.

Y/N: "You aren't going to hurt her."

???: "And who are you?"

Y/N: "Y/N L/N, surprised you don't know me. I have killed many of you demons."

???: "So you're the demon slayer I have heard of. The top hero, from what I have heard."

Y/N: "She stays out of this, just you and me."

Soron: "Since you told me who you are, I might as well introduce myself. I am Soron, demon general. Also the killer of the Ice Queen and many other heroes."

Noelle: "Keep my mothers name out of your mouth!"

I feel the air getting colder. I turn to Noelle and see the ground freezing below her. Even if I tell her to calm down, she's not going to listen.

Y/N: "Noelle, please just listen to me. I'll fight him, you get Iron Devil out of here."

Noelle: "..."