Chapter One

Morning. One of the best things for Bonnie Johnson. But not today because her mom did not wake her up with a morning kiss and a smell of waffles from downstairs.

She groans and stretches and gets up immediately. Not your typical normal teenage girl. She opened the door of her room and walked down the hall to see what was going on. She sees no one. She walks in her brother Lucas's room to see him sleeping. She walks over to him and Taps his shoulder. he wouldn't wake up. She shakes him this time and he groans and throws a pillow over his head. "What?!" he mumbles. "Where are Mom and Dad?" Bonnie asks and walks around his room. "I don't know and I don't care now please get out." he throws a pillow at her. "Please Lucas, What if something bad happened to them and they didn't come back last night." she throws the pillow back and it drops to the floor. "You missed me." He gets up and wears a shirt. "lemme just get ready and we can go to wherever and ask whoever." 

Bonnie goes to her room and grabs her day clothes. She walks in Luca's room and says, "I am about to take shower." he nods. She takes shower and heads down the stair to make herself food.  Lucas comes down and eats cereal with her and opens the tv. It goes straight to the news channel. "last night, the husband of the victim claim they were walking in the wood and found 2 bodies laying on the floor" Bonnie and Lucas look at each other and back to the tv with a serious face. "when they went to check their pulse one of them jumped and started to feed on his wife's neck." Lucas and Bonnie scoff. "What kind of mental story is that. a person feeding on a person? Lucas, do you remember when Mom and Dad used to tell us those stories when we were little about these scary unnatural creatures feeding on humans, can't walk in the sun, and sparkle?" Bonnie looks at Lucas and he nods "Oh yeah well this dude's parents didn't clarify that the stories were made up folktales." 

"It's not folktale." Both Bonnie and Lucas turn around and see their mom covered in blood. "MOM!" they yell and hug her "What the hell, why are you covered in blood-" Bonnie looks at her mom up and down. "What happened, wheres Dad?" Lucas askes. Their mom looks at them with a blank face tearing up. "I will explain everything I just need you guys to calm down and I will be back." Their mom runs upstairs and Bonnie and Lucas take a seat in the living room. After what seemed like an hour for Both their mom comes down with a change of clothing and an old ancient book. "What's that?" Lucas asks and their mom shushes him.

She takes a seat and starts on her explaining, "When we told you guys about these 'unnatural' creatures, called Vampires,  we wanted to tell you guys so you can be knowledgable and we wanted you guys to hate them. But we didn't want to scare you, so we said it's a folktale. we didn't know they would return." Their mom looks down at her palms and Bonnie looks at Lucas "they?"