Ch.24

"Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles,"

-

The sound of waves crashing against the shore could be heard as Lamar laid in bed completely naked in deep thought. It was pushing close to three in the morning so it was pitch black outside, but the sound of nature being heard all around helped him still picture the beauty of it.

Two weeks have passed by since everything had transpired and the only person Lamar kept in contact with was Amelia, she made sure to keep him within' the loop of things as far as work and what the media was saying regarding the death of Chasity.

Surprisingly everything was going the way he expected it to and he couldn't be happier. He had the world thinking he was locked away in his home mourning her death, when in reality he flew to one of his close friends private islands and enjoyed these few moments of peace and quiet.

In the midst of his thoughts the woman who laid beside him moved over closer to him and draped her arm over his chest, before looking up at him. "What are you thinking about in that head of yours? It's almost three in the morning you should either be sleep or at least doing me." She smirked.

He half-smiled at her comment before replying, "You."

Rolling her eyes she sat up causing the cover to fall and expose her nude body. "Cut the shit Lamar, you and I both know you only come here when you're running from something and its not like I mind, I love our little sneaky link ups that we do occasionally." She started as she got up to straddle his lap so they could see each other clearly.

"But I am curious, I refrained from asking these first couple of weeks so we could just enjoy our time together, but tell me what's really going on and don't lie."

Lamar remained silent at first and just stared at her, but eventually he gave in since he knew he could never keep anything from her. Besides his mother and Amelia, she was the only woman he knew he could really trust with all of his deepest secrets.