Author's Note

Yes, my lovely readers. I really just did that.

I really just gave you a narrative starring a sixteen-year-old Mario.

As some of you may know, I am well-invested in Nintendo fanfiction, but this publication might still have come as an unexpected surprise. The idea for this one was mere chance, really: I was brainstorming potential novels one day and realized - I should go back and do a tale showing how it all began. And here it is.

As you may have figured out by now, I drew on elements from the entire Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, including the Minis and even lore from the greater world of Super Mario. I felt, as I have stated before, that the games were just too shallow to make books of each one, and the story of Donkey Kong itself can get quickly repetitive, so I opted for a short story. I wanted to show the time when Mario was just becoming what we know him as today - this was his first shaping into a role he will soon assume.

That also goes a bit for Donkey Kong - or should I say his father, Cranky Kong?? (You diehards know what I mean.)

One final note: I had never actually played a Donkey Kong game myself. So you can feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on that!

Once again, thank you so much for reading, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed!

So, the city is saved and Mario is a hero...

...but his work has barely begun. ;)

Till next time!

~NintendoJedi

~

   Daisy, otherwise known as NintendoJedi, is a goofy grammar freak and Nintendo nerd who also has an affinity for art. She is usually found drawing, playing Mario Strikers, or working on yet another fan fiction novel. Shoot her a message anytime for feedback, questions or just to yap about video games!