Enemy Arising

I suppose at one point in the kingdom there was peace. There must have been, for every castle is built on unity. But trouble can rupture the delicate fragments of peace faster than a terrified mouse being chased by rabid dogs. 

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. 

There is a beautiful world, not far from where you stand, just beyond the world of sight, in a small pocket of this dimension. In this kingdom, the boundaries of modern day society fade and are met instead with unimaginable creatures, astounding good, and devastating evil. In between these broad categories are hints of pure, beautiful magic. Those with enough wisdom and control can grasp this magic and use it for their own will. 

In this world, known to its inhabitants as Cenquygro, there stood a palace, where there lived a respectable and noble family, the Denerose. They did their best to watch over the people of Cenquygro, and to protect them from the outside of their small pouch. For the most part, the Denerose were successful, but it's quite impossible to tend to the chickens without breaking a few eggs along the way. 

The problem comes, however, when that egg can harness the power of the supernatural. 

This was the case for Berilinjal, an experienced and talented sorceress. Before the Denerose, she was given the utmost respect from anyone living in Cenquygro, but when the royal family took over, she grew rageful. The land that was once hers to roam was now limited. Though she argued and fought to gain her land back, the Denerose refused, knowing that her possession of magic made her far too dangerous. So, they supressed her, which only angered her futher. 

Berilinjal's hatred turned to a quest for vengeance, and she took on the name Esperanza. As she searched further for revenge, she turned once more to the royal family. She attended a royal assembly under a false disguise as a governess. During the assembly, Queen Lucia Denerose revealed that she was pregnant. 

While the rest of the kingdom rejoiced, Esperanza hatched a master plan. 

For on the other side of the kingdom, in a tiny village called Mentira, there was nothing but poverty. While the Denerose revealed their pregnancy, a small family of farmers announced that they too were having a baby. 

It is here that our story begins, one of revenge and hate, but also of boundless love and inspiring devotion.