Prologue

Kim Taeyi was a girl with a unique appearance.

As her mother was of Russian descent and her father that of South Korean, she had a heart shaped face and a head filled with golden curls. Her skin was fair, with the slightest amount of pink blush added to it which was permanent, and her lips were full and held in a pout usually. Olive green eyes shown from the slits of her mono lidded eyes, her nose being high and sharp.

She was a bubbly girl, curious about the world around her, and had many, many things to share with the people whom she thought didn't know what she knew of.

When she was in her first year of kindergarten, she tried befriending as many kids as she could. She soon found out the Korean kids in her class take more of a liking towards the other Korean kids.

She was bullied throughout her first year behind the teacher's back. Both, girls and boys, would pull at her hair, that she would always have in pig tails, and call her names because of her different appearance. It was hard, but Taeyi sometimes managed to talk to them without violence or shouting.

Taeyi wasn't specially enthusiastic about going to school because of this, which her elder brother noticed. The reason, however, remained unknown to him, as Taeyi always omitted these details from her school stories that she told on the dining table on the daily.

Kim Taeyi died a painful death in her first year of kindergarten, due to an electric shock, as she went to turn on a switch with wet hands.

The class which she had studied in heard about the news. The guilt ate at them all. Because even though she died due to causes unrelated to them, they could've made her short life better if they knew.

Jeon Jungkook, being a fellow classmate to Kim Taeyi and one of the very few who never participated in the collective bullying directed towards the girl, was feeling the most guilty throughout this period.

He would keep thinking that he could have talked to the teachers about Taeyi's situation, could have tried to be a better friend to her, saved her from her terrible faith too maybe. If only he were brave enough to do so. Had courage to stand up to the bullies. He was shy himself throughout his early childhood, but Jeon Jungkook changed after this.

He shocked his parents when they got a call from his school, now being in his second year of kindergarten, that their son had punched another boy in the stomach and pushed him to the floor. The Jeons had a stern talk with their son, to which Jungkook retaliated by saying that the other boy was peeking under a girl's skirt and making her feel uncomfortable.

It was established in their family then, that Jungkook was allowed to step in, if he keeps it to verbal retaliation, and he tells a teacher or another person of authority immediately. No violence was to be expected of him, and Jungkook tried his level best for his parents to never find out about it after.

The Kims were absolutely devastated. Without Taeyi, their relationship with each other resembled an un-coiled ball of yarn. They were still connected to each other, just not as close as they were when she was with them.

Kim Taehyung felt empty and sad to an extent that he stopped getting cheerful over the usual things he liked, like skipping rope and race cars. His friends seemed devoid of thoughts to him, and he distanced himself from his parents too.

Things took a toll for the worst for the Kims, when Kim Mariya, mother to Taehyung and Taeyi, fell sick and was restricted to bed, where death consumed her too.

Kim Dongwon was grief stricken. Being the superstitious man he was, he decided that Busan wasn't a city suitable for the Kims anymore. After the funeral, he moved to Seoul, with his six year old son, to a cozy apartment close to the town. A new start was what he believed in, and he enthusiastically worked towards his goal to achieve a better quality of life for his son. This, however, meant working long and late hours till night, leaving Taehyung with a baby sitter, and later at night, alone in bed with his thoughts and the silence to eat at him.

He became a quiet boy. When his father got him a Specialized Gear Bike for his fourteenth birthday, the teen barely cracked a smile, muttering a small 'thanks' in return, and leaving early for his night rugby practice. Dongwon asked if he should return it if Taehyung didn't prefer this kind of gift, and could get one of his own choice, to which Taehyung agreed only to make his father shut up.

He did well in school and Dongwon had no complains from him, just that the man didn't feel like Taehyung wanted a father, a family, or any sort of close relations, so to speak. His friends were of shallow personality, and Taehyung acted even shallower than them. That's what everything was for him in the end.

Shallow.

Author's Note:

This will be my first published work and I'm hella nervous, I know what to expect at first since I'm not a big account at all BUT I hope you like this story! I have many things planned for it, and will appreciate if you show your love for it by voting, commenting and telling me your ideas and thoughts!

Ciao!