Chapter 5

(Laziness warning! Tell me if you prefer separate, long chapters for each Glitter Force Warrior like I did with Rachel! Enjoy! Or not.
Also sorry for not updating in a while. ,XD)

Narrator's POV
"Lance!"
An older and somewhat more solemn-looking Clara cradled the yellow pixie in her hands in a concerned manner.
"I've worried for years about where you went off to!" she scolded him.
"I'm sorry, Clara..." Lance shrunk back under her glare.
Her face immediately softened at this, and she smiled a very motherly smile. "It's alright, Lance."
"Yoo-hoo. You're in my way, 'Glitter girl,'" a bratty voice called out from above.
"Oh yes, while you were gone..." Clara began.
"It's Marmo!" Lance squeaked.
"Yes, and we need to stop her."
"Okay! Let's do this!"

In another area of Sea Shell Bay...
"Davi?!"
"Yes, it's me!" The purple cat pixie flew up to her friend, a famous singer named Mackenzie.
"Where have you been? I shouldn't have let you wander off!" Mackenzie fussed, checking if her pixie friend was alright after many years of neglect.
"I'm okay, Mackenzie. But now is not the time!" Davi warned. "I'm here to tell you that Sea Shell Bay is be—"
"My concerts haven't been the same without you!" Mackenzie rambled on as she squeezed Davi into a tight but tiny hug.
She wasn't usually this loud and cheery, Davi thought to herself.
"Mackenzie! Listen to me! Marmo is attacking Sea Shell Bay!" she attempted to tell her.
"Marmo? Oh right, Marmo! How could I possibly forget?"
"Glitter Spade, we need to go right away!"
"Oh, right!"

Back to Clara...
The battle between Glitter Clover and the Distain had been going on for a few minutes. The Glitter girl (if you could still call her one; she's a lady now) was getting exhausted; she hadn't trained in years for any battles, thinking there wouldn't be anymore. The Distain, however, was having fun and wouldn't back down. It prepared a bone-crushing attack.
Before it could hit Clover, however, a blur of purple dashed under the Distain's foot (which it used to try to crush Clover), grabbed it, and threw it aside. The Distain crashed into a nearby building.
Clover looked at the Distain in astonishment, then at the one who saved her.
"Long time no see, Clara."
The woman turned around and flashed a smile at her. She was dressed in purple and white feathers, as well as purple ribbons. Her hair was as violet as her bright eyes, which resembled that of an old friend's.
"Mackenzie...?!"

Marmo was disappointed and bored for a few moments. Clover and Spade were embracing and asking millions of questions to each other.
"How have you been?!"
"Great! Where were you all this time?!"
"Performing and singing! It's a lot of work. Sorry we've grown so distant these past years!"
"I'm sorry too!!!"
"Hurry up and fight already, gals," Marmo groaned angrily. The Distain seemed pretty underwhelmed, too. "Come on..." it murmured.
Wait a second, Marmo thought. I can just attack right now, while they're busy!
She directed the Distain by pointing at the two hugging girls; it ran up to them, fist raised.
"Watch out!!!" Lance and Davi hollered.
The girls looked up and blocked the fist just in time. Their instincts told them what to do next. Together, they grabbed the fist and swung it around, preparing to throw the Distain.
"What...?!" Marmo gasped. Surprisingly, they've grown tougher.
Before Marmo knew it, the Distain was thrown into the air.
"What have you been doing all this time, Clara?" Spade asked casually.
"Taking over the family business," Clover responded. "It's taken a toll on my eyes a little..." she added as she squinted at the air above, searching for a glimpse of the Distain.
Spade laughed, then said, "Isn't this fun! It's like we're fourteen again!"
With a giggle, Clover replied, "Yeah! You've gotten a lot more cheerful, Mackenzie."
"I guess it comes with all the love I've been getting from my concerts," Spade said, a little wistfully. "Ever since Marie Angelica told me to keep singing..."
She didn't have to finish.
In fact, she wasn't able to finish.
The Distain was about to fall on top of them. Quickly, the two girls leapt out of the way as the Distain crashed onto the ground.
"I just realized!" Clover exclaimed. "How are we going to defeat the Distain without Glitter Heart?!"
"Ohhh..." Spade uttered, thinking. "Ohh boy, I don't know...!"
Clover and Spade began to panic almost comically. Marmo watched them with an unimpressed look. "Looks like they never changed. Finish them, Distain!"
"DISTAIN!!!"
The Distain charged at the Glitter girls, who yelped and braced themselves.
But, suddenly...
"Glitter spirit, lend me your power!!!" a young voice called.
The ladies peeked and saw a beam of light. The Distain was engulfed into it, then two hearts replaced its angry eyes. It said something comically mushy, then poofed into a delicate, winged heart, which fluttered away.
"Huh?!" Marmo gaped at the newcomer, who landed on her feet.
"Hmm. Shoulda thought of a name for that one!" the stranger, whose back was turned to the Glitter girls, commented with a soft giggle.
"Glitter... Heart?" Clover gasped quietly, looking forward in amazement.
"Mmm, not quite!" the little girl turned around, glancing at the two with young, lapis-colored eyes.
Spade felt something spark in her memory, but she couldn't quite grasp it.
"Well, gotta split!" the girl grinned, hopped up, then flew away with her large, feathery wings.
Silence followed as time seemingly stopped for Marmo, Clover, and Spade.
"Uhh, who was that?" Spade asked nobody.