Chapter 1

My whole family is in debt!
I recently found out my dad doesn't have a job, he lied to us, he's been borrowing money from other people, now he needs to pay them back which is not happening anytime soon. My mom's money isn't making the situation better, she works at a dinner and she gets $10 per hour.
  I'm at the risk of dropping out of school, if some miracle doesn't happen, my family is going to fall apart! I had walked from the living room to my room. I sat down on my mattress, supposedly to be a 'bed'. We couldn't afford a new one. I thought about everything bad that can happen if something doesn't happen fast.
I can't fall out of school, if I don't have the right education, what job will I get? A market seller, a drug dealer, even worse, a prostitute. I can't be that!
  This worry doesn't only go for me. My parents might not have enough to pay the rent, and my dad isn't making anything better, I bet he owes a billion people by now!    
  He was always a liar, but I still loved him, but now I despised him. Lying to my mother and I that he had a job and he got paid high amounts. I should have realized his salary changed every week. It went higher and higher, he covered it by saying he got a promotion, but no boss would recognize his work in such little time. To think about it, I didn't even know what his profession was! I always asked him but he just said, 'let's not focus on the work, but instead the money!' He always said it with a joyful expression.
  I knew it! That bastard was a dirty no-good liar that I called father! Now we have to repay everything he borrowed! I know that this hasn't been his first rodeo.
How?
I found it out a year or two ago. I had stumbled on a contract when I was looking to find my missing homework. It was from Mr.Smith, our neighbor down the block. My dad owed him $24000. Mr.Smith would not press any extra charges if he returned the money. I'm guessing he didn't return the money. My dad knows our condition but still chooses to borrow more money.
I sat down, thinking about how my parents got broke anyway.
Bad choices?
Investing in something that wasted a lot of money?
Having me?
We're the child expenses too much?
Maybe they were broke when they met. No matter how I cracked my brain, I could never know the reason why they met. I asked for their love story, they just said, 'It was love at first sight' and that they met in University.
I know inside their hearts they hate this relationship, but stay together because of me. Last night was chaos. I could hear them yelling and screaming at each other, blaming each other for all sorts of things. They hate each other, but since I was in the world, I kept them together.
Their relationship was lust, not love. When I look back at old pictures of them, they looked like the perfect people, their body shape was very wanted, their facial features, everything. They were physically attracted, but not anything else.
My thoughts were interrupted, my mom had come in and told me dinner was ready. I went to the kitchen, it was small and old - very old. Just yesterday the microwave broke. I sat at the small round table and looked at my food.
Canned food.
Well, what can I expect, we've been having this for ages!
The room was silent, no one spoke, just ate their food. I decided to break the ice. "So, what are we going to do about the money problem? I really need the education, so I can get a job and stuff..." My father looked at me irritated. "It's not your problem, Abigail," he replied firmly. "Well, I think it is, since it has to do with my education..." My dad stood up and banged his hands on the table, gritting his yellow teeth. Wrinkles showed on his face more. "If it's your problem, do something about it!" He yelled and stormed off.
He's such a steam-head.
My mother sighed. "Sorry sweetie, it's just that he's worried about the money," she explained. "Well, he should stop borrowing it! He knows either way you slice it, he'll still have to pay the money back!" I snapped at her. "He's doing it for our good..." "Our good? He lied to us!" My mom looked down at her half empty plate. She was tired of this... all of this. "Mom, you can leave him, I won't mind." She looked shocked. "Abigail!" She exclaimed. "Mom, I know you're tired of this, you're damaging your self." She rested her chin on her propped up arm on the table. "I love your father, Abby." I shook my head. "No you don't, you lust after him, find another man." My mom sighed. "I can't," she paused,"I signed a contract with your father that I'd be his wife until he dies or I die."