Ch. 2

Waking up I heard slight growling next to my ear.

I jolted up just to find Jordyn snoring as her wolf.

She was a brown grey wolf, her fur silky and her body large, roughly the size of a full grown male.

I looked up into the sky to see it was around noon. I must have been sleeping for a long time.

Looking back at Jordyn, I noticed she looked well rested, peaceful almost.

"We have to go." I whispered to myself.

I gently shook Jordyn, calling her name. "Jordyn, we have to go."

She let out a groan-or at least I assumed it was a groan- and turned her body.

"Jordyn!" I shouted, "We need to go. We don't know who could come any moment."

Jordyn's eyes snapped open and her body shuddered. She stood up and looked at me.

'I'm sorry, I fell asleep. Come on.' She said worriedly, like she was scared of what I was going to say.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for waking you like that. Let's go." And with that we set off to the town of Willsboro.

Jordyn stayed as her wolf until we reached the outskirts of the town.

"Jordyn, can you become a smaller dog? Maybe a golden retriever?"

'Sure.' She said and quickly looked around before dashing into the outer edge of the forest. When I heard more ruffling I noticed she was an average sized puppy, maybe looking six months old. She looked around curiously as she stalked ever closer to me. 'Is this better?' she asked softly.

"Yeah. Thank you." I smiled calmly at her. With that we walked across the town's border. It took roughly an hour before coming to the small town. We simply walked up to the closest restaurant.

I pulled a dollar out of my pocket and asked, the waitress, "How much can I get with this?"

She looked at me strangely and then left, only to come back with a small cup of water. "We don't allow pets, but if you sit back there I can give you a bowl of water for the dog."

I smiled softly, getting up and walking towards the back. "Come on Jordyn."

I sat down and Jordyn laid on the ground by my feet.

When the nice lady came back she had a plate of bacon and sausage. "This is all the dollar can get and your dog. Where are you parents?" She asked, setting the plate in front of me.

I grabbed one piece of bacon and sausage then set the plate on the ground for Jordyn.

"Uh, Mr. Black is my dad. He comes into town for business, and today he said I could come. But we ran out of gas on the way so we walked me here and got a thing of gas. He told me to get what he needed. Said this town is full of nice good people." I smiled, eating my piece of bacon.

"Oh, Harold is your father. Good man. I didn't know he had a daughter," she said, sitting down across from me.

"Yeah. I always come with, I'm just in the truck," I smiled giddily, "He let me come with today because I'm finally eight!"

"Oh, congratulations! Well, in that case, you get a birthday pancake. I'll pay for it." She said, getting up.

"Can we get it to go?" I asked quickly, noticing that Jordyn didn't eat anything. And she was looking at the food sadly.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right back." She said before walking away.

I grabbed the plate and patted Jordyn's head.