Short_Story_0.1

A slight gush of wind spreads my curtains apart and a bright shimmer of light pierces through my sleeping eyes and just as I turn over to avoid the light my alarm comes to life and is just loud enough to make me annoyingly unwrap myself and get ready for the day.

I take a quick shower, brush my teeth, and get dressed into a pastel Strawberry blouse and some bell bottom jeans (I'm aware of them being out of style but I like the way they look). Then I get my purse, backpack, and keys to my truck. Out to breakfast. In my fairly small town, I go to my local Subway and order my usual footlong with only ham, pepperoni, cheese (Swiss),  and Italian bread. I sit in the little window seat that I sit in every morning and continue to eat my Sub Sandwich. once I'm done I sit for a while pondering on what I should do this morning after doing some well-deserved cleaning and finishing some paintings I have laying around. After all my younger sister is in school (probably causing an unnecessary scene), my mom is at work ( she finally got a job, I'm happy for her), and my dad is out of town working. I'll probably just stay in my little house that's literally right next to my mother's house ( its a loft my mom is helping me buy ) and either sleep or read the rest of the morning away until my mom gets home at 2 pm and my sister at 4 pm. Already knowing my sister is going to disturb me I clear out a spot on my floor for her to lay.

When 4 pm rolls around my sister struts into my side of the drive-way and casually walks-in like the place is hers to just walk into (young people..) She takes her spot on the carpet and does only god knows what on her phone until I kick her out around 6 pm to get ready for my part-time job at Whataburger. I get there and the stench of the fast-food aroma (you know what I'm talking about) punches my nostrils and I slightly gag due to my smell sensitivity but nonetheless, I check-in and work my 5 hours of screaming children and rude old women who consistently question my ability to take their orders. It's finally over, quite tired and hungry (I skipped lunch on accident) I go back home and heat up some hot pockets and tater tots to munch on.

To finish off my short little day I wrap myself in my blanket and let my fortress of pillows devour me, I stay on my phone until sleep creeps behind me and slowly takes me into the soft abyss...

                       -END- 

                                   _samantha_rodriguez_short_story_0.1

                                                                              Dfrealiacc_side 02.14.19