Entry 2

Dear Diary,

Okay, so today is the second day, 13 more days until I leave. I realize I will never be able to see you again, and thats what makes it so hard. So today the reason I fell in love with you started a year after we started school together.

I remember I was sitting on a stone wall on the edge of the garden waiting for your sister, Sadie, to get back from the store. I had come over to her house only to find she wasn't home. I decided to wait. Apparently you had different ideas.

"Boo!" You screamed right in my ear, causing me to fall off the ledge.

"Hey! You jerk!" I laughed and brushed myself off.

"You wanna do something? I'm bored." You asked. I nodded my head and you started running down the driveway.

"Wait! Where are we going?" I said as I grabbed you hand and pulled back on your arm.

"First of all, ow! and second we are going to the neighborhood park." I smiled in response and you dropped my hand.

We raced the rest of the way to the park. I let you win.

"So, what's your favorite color?" You asked as we sat on the swings.

"Blue, yours?"

"Orange" I laughed. "What?" he asked

"I have never met a guy who's favorite color is orange" I said smiling "What's your favorite animal?"

"Gorillas" I rolled my eyes, wrong, Sadie had told me you like cats. You probably just wanted to feel manly. "Fine, what's yours?

"Hawks" I said.

You laughed. "I've never met a girl whose favorite animal is a hawk."

We spent the entire day at the park, talking about everything. Thats another reason I love you. You wanted to get to know me. I only hoped that one day you could fall in love with me too.