Chapter 2

After Josh's outburst last night, I thought I'd try to make him feel better by making him breakfast...scrambled eggs and toast, just how he liked it. I hurried into the kitchen and started whipping up his special treat.

About halfway through cooking, I heard the bedroom door open and his bare feet padding across the kitchen floor.

"Good Morning!" I beamed. Hoping he was in a better mood.

"Uhhh" he grunted.

Maybe he is hungover and just doesn't feel well. I thought to myself.

"I made your favorite! Scrambled eggs and toast." I said as I placed the plate on the table for him.

He pushed it aside and walked into our room. After I few minutes he came back out fully dressed.

"I''ll be back later" he said.

A- "But aren't you gonna..." I tried asking about his breakfast, but he interrupted.

J- "I said I'll be back later."

And with that, he left. Discouraged after my failed attempt at being the perfect girlfriend, I ate and got dressed for work. I loosely curled my hair and out on a pair of black shorts and a white flowy cropped tank top. I slipped on my vans and headed out the door.

During the day I sent Josh numerous texts...all with no response. I was worried about him. Did I do something wrong? All day I was day dreaming of what I possibly did to make him act this way. My boss interrupted my thoughts...

"Ashley! Stop standing there and go check stock in the back."

I did as I was told and went back to the stock room...and there he was. Josh.

"Josh! How did you..?" I tried questioning him, but was met with his lips crashing into mine. I stumbled back in surprise and knocked over a stack of boxes.

J- "Ash. Babe I'm sorry about earlier." he said while his hands rested on my cheeks.

J- "Please forgive me. I love you. And I'll prove it. Come hang out with me and the boys tonight."

This had trouble written all over it.

A- "uhm..sure hun. Meet me at my apartment after I get off work so I can get ready."

J-."ok. I love you Ashley." and with that, he kissed my right cheek and ran off to avoid being caught by my boss.

I was left there, stunned.

What just happened? What is about to happen?

I was stuck there in my thoughts...until my boss came bursting through the door.

"Ashley! What happened?! Why are all these boxes on the floor?!" He questioned angrily.

A- "I tripped and tried to catch myself. I'm picking them up now." I quickly lied to cover for Josh sneaking in.

After I clocked out at work, I began my walk home...still worried about what tonight holds. Everytime the boys go out, it involves alcohol somehow. This could be bad.