Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” 

― Bill Watterson, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

Ace followed me to my locker and I wasn't sure what to do or if I should say something.  As I was grabbing my books he just looked at me and watched while I stuffed them into my bag.  I was about to throw my bag over my shoulder when I felt the weight of it leave my hand.  I turn to see Ace holfong my back.  

"What the hell-" I was cut off when a girl bumbs her shoulder into my left arm.  It wasn't until I fell to the floor and felt dizzy that I realized my brother had thrown a glass bottle at me and I raised my left arm to block it.  I forgot about it until now.  

"Oops." The girl says sweetly and walks away.  I hadn't ever been bulied - except at home - so why now.  I heard Ace walking away but ignore it.  I scoot back against the lockers and rest my head on them.  Looking down and seeing that there was blood staining my sweatshirt made me sick but thankfully no one could really notice the blood since my sweatshirt was soaked from the rain.  Trying to stand wasn't the best idea, I think as I fall back down.  Waiting for the pain to come I closed my eyes and sucked in a breath.  It never came.  That's when I realized the arm around my waist.

"You okay, babe?" I turn my head and see Rin.  "That could've been quite the fall." 

"I'm fine."  Which was a lie if you hadn't noticed.  I tried to stand up but my knees gave out and I felt dizzy again.  Why the hell am I so weak?

"Yeah, I don't think so sweetheart."  He lifts me up and starts to walk towards the nurses office when I hear Ace yelling the small group that had watched the show.

"Over here!"  I yell.  He runs towards me and saw that Rin was carrying me like a Princess.  Ace looked pissed off.  But why?  

"Who the hell are you?" He all but screams at Rin.  They both walk at the same pace and it started to bug me.  I'm not sure what bugged me exactly.  Maybe it was because Rin was holding me and I wanted Ace to hold me instead of - wwwaaaiit what?  Forget I said that.

"Rin." He answered as if he didn't notice the abgry waves coming off Ace.

"I know who you are." Ace says, basically burning Rin with his stare.  "I meat who are you to Iris." 

"Easy." I look up at Rin and wait for his response.  "Her husband." 

"WHAT-" Me and Ace yell at the same time.  I struggle in his arms for a second, forgetting about my arm that feels dead.  Pain erupts through my arm and into my chest, I felt like I was going to pass out but I wouldn't allow that."

"Wait, wait, wait." Rin interupts us.  "Let me rephrase that."

"You better." I tell him.  He looks down at me and laughs.  My arm still hurt.

"Her future husband." Rin says with a grin.  "There.  That sounds better."  I look at him with wide eyes and probably flaming cheeks although I couldn't tell because of the pain in my arm.  I didn't want them to know about how my family does this to me so I didn't tell them about the arm.  

Ace looked like he was going to dropkick Rin across the football feild.  I'm not sure why he would have that look though.  Right before Ace could respond we stopped outside the nurses office.  Last year I twisted my ankle and went to the nurses office and she saw brouzes on my leg and got suspicious but I assured her that I fell off my bike.  Because I totally have a bike and that's why I walk to school (Note the sarcasm).