Sweet Vengeance

VENGEANCE (noun) - punishment inflicted in retaliation for an injury or offense 

Synonyms: retaliation, retribution, REVENGE

---- • ----

"A body of a woman has been found in her own home last night after her neighbors reported to have heard noises coming from her house. These noises were soon followed by a gunshot. The woman was said to be Mildred Meyers, 45, divorced, and lives by herself. Her body was found lying in her bathroom floor next to a gun. The police officers believed that it was suicide. However, they would still find out if there has been a foul play. . ."

I froze.

This shouldn't be happening. This can't be happening. It didn't have to end like this. I didn't plan it to end like this.

Yeah, I know I should be guilty right now but I can't feel any guilt. I'm neither happy nor sad though. I'm just shocked -

"Hon, are you okay?"

I jumped a little at the sound of his voice and I quickly turned off the TV which is still showing her picture. He looked at me expectantly but I just shrugged and looked down. When I finally looked up at his face, he was not looking at me the way he did a while ago, clearly dropping the subject. I sighed in relief.

He took a seat beside me on the couch. He said, chuckling slightly, "You should have seen your face. You looked like a kid who got caught doing something wrong."

"What? No! I was just surprised by your sudden apparition." I said, emphasizing on the word 'apparition.'

"Uh-huh, whatever you say. . ." he said, amused. "By the way, what was that you're watching?"

Oh no! I thought he forgot about that!

"Oh, that one? It's nothing too big, just a news about a mad woman. . ." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh" was all he could say.

"I'm famished, want to eat something?" I said, trying to change the subject.

He grinned at me, "Sure."

---- • ----

A/N this is my first time to write a story so please be patient with me. :) If I made any mistakes, please be free to let me know, I would really appreciate it. I didn't proofread it since I was so excited to upload this. Anyway, please let me know what you think! Should I continue with this or not??

#nicole :)