Chapter 2

Revenge is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. Its thirst cannot be quenched until the last man standing has fallen.

-VLADIMIR MAKAROV, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

---- • ----

"Raine, will you please sit down? You've been pacing this room for an hour now, you're making me crazy." Spencer said while rubbing his temples.

"I'm sorry, nervous habit." I looked down at him, my eyebrows furrowed. "Mom and Dad aren't answering their phones. What if something terrible happened to them? What am I gonna do?"

Spencer came over to me and stood behind me."Raine, calm down, okay?" he said while massaging my shoulders. "How long was the last time you talked to them?"

"Um, an hour ago?"

"That's right and what did your mother say? She said that they're on their way home, so you don't have to worry about them."

"But they never let a call go unanswered, especially from me. Besides, the restaurant isn't so far away from here, it would barely take them an hour to travel that distance."

"Oh come on Raine. Give them a break. Maybe they made a detour or maybe they're just spending some quality time together or. . . maybe setting the world on fire."

I laughed at that. Spencer is the only person who could make me laugh at times like this. "Maybe you're right, maybe they're just trying to be young again."

He turned me around with one deft movement of his wrist so that I was facing him and looked me right in the eye. He then gave me a genuine smile and hugged me amorously; we are wrapped in each other's arms while my head rests against his shoulder and his face in my hair. I sighed. I love this feeling, the feeling of being secure, knowing someone would be there for you, to protect you. We stayed like this a bit too long and when I was about to pull away, he held onto me harder and whispered in my ear, "If only I could freeze this moment and live in it forever, I would."

I smiled and blushed. No matter how long Spencer and I have been together, he could still make me feel like we just entered this relationship yesterday. I still blush whenever he whispers sweet nothings and feel electricity wherever he touches me.

"Me too," and after a pause, I said, "I love you."

"I love you more." He said in return.

When we finally managed to pull apart, he said, "Hey, can you believe it? We'll be celebrating our third anniversary next month."

"Yeah, I didn't realize how long we've been together. I honestly didn't think that we would last this long."

"Why?"

"Well, I just didn't see you as a keeper."

We are now sitting across each other and he reached for my hand. "I'm really not a keeper before but when you came, everything changed. You changed me."

I was so overwhelmed by his words that I was left completely speechless. He realized that I wasn't going to say something so he took my face in his hands and kissed me. I kissed him back and together we got lost in a world where only the two of us mattered.

We were both breathing heavily when we finally managed to stop, he then touched his forehead against mine and kissed the tip of my nose. Suddenly, he stood up and offered me his hand, "Would you like to dance?"

"What?. . . But there's no music." I answered. He just shrugged but I took his hand anyway.

He pulls me up gently so I'm standing. He puts his hands on my hips and I wrap my arms around his neck.

After a few more hours of talking about nonsense things and, yes, kissing, we fell into a deep slumber. Me on one side of the bed and him behind me, his arm slung over my waist, cuddling me to his body.

A hand was pressed against my cheek and I jerked awake. My mom was hovering above me with a sad smile on her face. I looked on the spot where Spencer was last night but he's gone. "Mom, what's going on? Where's Spencer?" I asked. Instead of answering me, my mother just offered me her hand. As I took it, I noticed that her hand was ice-cold. "Mom, your hand's cold, are you ok? Is everything alright?" She just stared straight ahead and continued walking while holding my hand, not bothering to answer me . When we reached downstairs, I tried to look for Spencer but I can't find him anywhere. Irritated, I wrestled my hand away from my mother's grip. She stopped walking and looked at me sadly. "Mom, where's Spencer? Where's dad?" I said, shaking her shoulders. "You'll see" was all her reply. There's something different in her voice, however, I couldn't put a finger on it but it sure gave me goose bumps all over my body. I followed her out of the house and all I saw was blue and red lights on our lawn. The last thing I heard was my name being called and then everything went black. . .

---- • ----

Well, I hope you liked that. . .

By the way, this is dedicated to my very first fan... :D

I'm sorry my chapters aren't that long but I'll try to make them longer in the coming chapters. One of the reasons why my chapters are so short is because I love to make a cliff-hanger. Haha!! Btw, if you're interested, please listen to the songs I put on the side, it has something to do with the chapters. However, I had a problem with chapter 1, a song came with the chapter but when I checked it, there was none, but I'll be putting it again. On this chapter, there will be none because I really can't find a song that is appropriate.

Wow! That was long! Sorry if I bored you... Anyway, thanks for reading! :D Criticisms are most welcome. . .

Vote, fan, or comment, if you like...