Awakenings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tyrone's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been days now and we all took turns watching Bill. It seemed that me and Mable took the most interest in him.

I've always been softer than Dipper ever since I was created. Ford says that though we are the same person, my position and creation in this world would make me feel less than I am. It was true, I always got what was second, after Dipper of course, but it was alright, I didn't particularly deserve to be alive anyway. So I let others have things first, knowing how hard it is to simply... well... be alive. That's why I'm soft, I guess.

But me and Mable would watch and talk about how different or the same Cipher would be if he woke up.

"How do you think he will react to depth?" Mable asked.

"Depth?" I asked. "He's lived in three dimensional universes before, I don't think he will care-"

"No, bro bro, I mean..." she made a funny little face and moved her head back and forth. "He's got two eyes now."

"Oh." I laughed a bit. "Yea... don't think he's ever had that before." I smiled and rethought about the whole 'waking up' scenario in my head again... "Should we give him an eyepatch?" I asked.

Mable threw herself off the operation table, which we both sat on the end on. "Already on it!" She said jumping around the stools to get to the door. She disappeared in an instance and I heard the elevator bolt up.

I continued to watch Bill out of curiosity. He was a kid, all adorable now and it made me real uncomfortable. He seemed to be a little taller than me and Dipper, but barely filled the operation table. So I scoot closer to him, carefully placing my hands on the sides to make sure I didn't hit him as I learned over. When I could see his face, I studied his features. His face was terribly defined and he had golden and yellow hair which swept into his face just above his eyes.

"Heh, you've got a nose now." I said aloud to him. Getting bored, I tried to retreat to my spot on the back of the bed.

But I hit him.

Unbalanced, I flailed to the side, grabbing his arm for support. His eyes shot open and he desperately gasped for breaths. I jumped back as far as I could as he slashed the restraints. I inched away from him and towards the telephone which hung on the wall. As I reached for the phone he quit his slashing and spoke.

"Pine Tree, is that you?" The voice was Bill's no doubt. I didn't dare turn around, I just froze watching the wall.

I'm dead

I'm dead

I am dead and he is going to murder me right here and now.

I calmed my thoughts and turned to face him. He sat high on the table, despite the straps. His eyes were a gold and his yellowy blond hair was mostly covering his left eye.

I took in short uneasy breaths as he squinted at me. His body relaxed a little as he gave me a look of uncertainty.

"No..." he said. "You are not Pine Tree." He scuffed as he took this chance to look at the room around us. "Where are they, kid?" He said, watching the room.

I fumbled with my words. "Wh... who?" I said, pulling away from the phone.

He just looked at me for a second. "Sixer, Pine Tree, Shooting Star!" He yelled at me, "You know! The kid you look just like!"

I didn't know what I should say and what I shouldn't, so I stayed silent. He looked away from me and instead at his hands.

"Oh god, these things are a pain." He mumbled as he fidgeted. Without thinking, I ran and bolted through the doors, locking them before I snatched the elevator. When the doors opened again, I ran to the living room where Dipper and Mable sat, messing with fabrics.