Thief!

Warning: Not edited.

Maiki

I slowly felt myself regain consciousness. I haven't yet been able to locate my eye muscles, but I could feel the warmth of the suns friendly rays shining down on my face.

Finally cracking open my eyes, I shut them right away. The blinding sunlight was to much for my eyes at the moment.

Peering through my lashes, I took a quick survey of my surroundings. Above me were a bunch of trees. I could feel the soft grass through my thin red t-shirt. I had seemed to be using my black jacket as a cover last night.

Stretching my legs until I heard the satisfying crack, I sat up.

Feeling my head pound and my vision falter, I stayed still until the dizziness passed. Looking around, I felt my lips tilt downward into a frown.

Where was I?

Shrugging my shoulders, I jumped onto my feet. I looked down at my stomach as a loud growl ripped through the silence of the early morning.

Well, I'm sure glad nobody is around to hear that. They would probably think it was some rabid monster.

"I think I remember a stream or small river being around here somewhere," I muttered to myself.

Jogging in the direction I thought was right, I was soon rewarded.

'Yeah, I do have some pretty awesome sense of direction don't I?' I thought to myself.

Shaking my head to rid myself of those thoughts, I looked down at the stream. I saw a couple fish swim by, so I can probably get at least one.

Leaving my jacket on the floor, I stripped myself of my red t-shirt and black capris. Under them I had my chest taped up and a pair of undergarments on. Plus, no one was around to see me anyway.

Diving into the water, I let out a shriek underneath the water, resulting in me getting a mouthful of water.

I leaped into the air above the water.

"That's fuckin' cold!" I shouted to myself, dragging out the word cold. I felt like someone just shoved ice down my shirt twenty million times.

Standing in the edge of the bank, I looked for any fish. You see, I came up with the brilliant idea if throwing my kunai at the fish from above the surface.

Seeing a nice and fat one lazily floating downstream, I got my kunai knife ready.

"Oh yeah buddy, you better savor your last moments of life because I'm about a minute away from eatin' ya raw," I told the fish.

"Great, now in talking to fish," I muttered to myself.

Once the fish was in range, I flung my kunai with deadly awesome aim. Seeing it hit its target, I let out a joyful woop.

"Alright fishy, now come towards mama," I cooed to it. It floated to the top of the water but just kept going on downstream.

"H-hey! Wait up there fishy, I still need to eat you," I called after it, starting to give chase.

After about a quarter of a mile I have up.

"Fine you selfish coward! Run away, or, swim away! I don't give a crap," I yelled, even though I could no longer see it.

Looking back at the water, I came to a conclusion. I would have to get in the icy water if I wanted food.

Taking a leap of faith, I plunged in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I-I'm n-ev-v-v-er going in that st-st-upid river a-again," I raved, my teeth chattering with cold. And the slight breeze didn't help in the slightest either.