TWO

Knock knock. I heard my mom reaching for the door as I hummed some song to myself. Three locks and one pull and the door opened, with my mom holding a grater in her right palm and has worn an apron. 

"Hi sweetie, how was your day?" she leans in and hugs me, pulling me in and closing the door behind. 

"It was fine mom. But what are you doing anyway?" 

"Oh this- you know, Taehyung called earlier and said he's coming over. So I have to prepare something for that sweet boy." she replied back excitedly. 

"What? He- he didn't even tell me" I shot back with confusion. 

"Oh he knows how much you love surprises, darling. He told me not to tell you but- you're my son so" she winks at me and continues cooking. 

A smirk automatically grew on my face. I turned away and walked towards my room.

Surprises? Pfft (as if he'd do that)- I thought to myself. That bitch doesn't even share his notes with me. 

I closed the door behind me, threw my bag across the room and later threw myself on the bed. A second in and I closed my eyes. The room fell in total silence that I could hear my own breath. My body felt really heavy all of a sudden. Maybe I strained myself so much with the work Mr.Wayne had given me. 

Wait.. 

The detention. 

I shot up immediately as I remembered about the fact that my mom has not even asked me why I was late. She has always cared for me, always wanted me to be safe and happy. Never had I spent a day without a lecture when I was late home. She's always worried. She might have forgotten it in the excitement that Taehyung was coming over. The fact that she didn't even care about it now, surprised me. 

I got up from my bed and hurried to the door. One pull and I was out. My mom stood right in front of me. Yeah, with that worried look again. How bold of me to assume that she had forgotten it. Of course she didn't. She would never. 

"Jimin, why were you late today?" she questions me.

"M-ma..." I started to stutter. 

"What happened?" 

Getting detention isn't that bad. You know, who would be terrified? It's just that I don't want to let my mom down. She always thinks the best of me. 

"I got extra work. Mr.Wayne gave me e-extra work." 

"That's fine" she gently placed her palm on my cheek and caressed it with so much care. 

"You don't have to worry Ma, I'm alright" I gave a smile. 

She smiled back. As long as she's happy, so am I. 

-

I came out of the bathroom with a towel balancing around my waist and just threw myself on the bed again. The most amazing feeling when you shower and feel so drowsy. Thinking about it makes me drift off to sleep. I gently closed my eyes.