Peeta Hunting

Chapter Ten: Peeta Hunting

Lucy, Cato, Marvel and Clove travelled through the forest, wielding their weapons and looking for an unfortunate tribute that happened to be alone. But Lucy had a feeling they were mainly searching for Katniss.  

Every one of them hated Katniss, they hated her because the citizens of Panem were paying her the most attention because she was 'the girl on fire.' Lucy thought that she must have sponsors already and parachutes raining down on her by the minute. 

Lucy kicked a rock in anger as she walked alongside Marvel who glanced at her before staring straight ahead again. He had to be alert to see if anything was out there watching them...apart from the people of Panem of course. 

Lucy held her bow in front of her, just like she had done in the cornucopia, she couldn't let her guard down. Not now, when at any point she could be killed. 

"Stop worrying," Marvel whispered and but a hand on her bow, forcing it down. "If anything comes I'll kill it." 

"You need back up," she said bringing her bow up again. 

"I think I've got enough back up," Marvel whispered in her ear then nodded towards Cato and Clove who walked ahead of them. 

"I guess so..."

But as the four of them walked something made them stop. 

The cannon. 

Lucy mouthed numbers as she counted the amount of times the cannon went off and counted on her fingers at the same time, Marvel, Clove and Cato watched her until the cannon stopped and then she turned to all of them. 

"Eight." She said. "Eight dead. Sixteen left to play and there's five of us in the Career pack, we've got eleven to kill." 

"Two of them being Katniss and Peeta, we know that for a fact," Clove said. "I tried to stab her but she got away, so did the Peeta boy." 

"The District 11 tributes got away too," Cato spat. 

"I killed the District 8 boy," Marvel said. "I also killed the District 7 girl."

"I killed the District 4 girl," Lucy spoke up sheepishly. 

"I killed the District 10 female and the District 7 male." Clove smiled proudly. 

"I killed the District 4 male and the District 6 male." Cato said simply as though he killed tributes everyday. 

"Together we killed 7 of them, I think the District 5 male was killed by the District 6 male before Cato killed him." Lucy said. 

"So there's five of us, Rookie, the girl from District 5 with the red hair, the District 6 female, the District 8 female, both District 9 tributes, the District 10 male, both District 11 tributes and both District 12 tributes." Marvel said, counting on his fingers. 

"Sounds about right..." Clove muttered as she checked herself. 

"Our main priority right now is Katniss, though. But if we find any other tributes on the way they're dead!" Cato cracked his knuckles.

"But wait!" Lucy stopped Cato, tugging on his coat before he ran off. 

"What?" He snapped, shoving her against a tree. 

"I-I-I had a suggestion!" Lucy stuttered and Cato let go of her, she fell to the ground. 

"Go on then..." Cato said and picked her up by the top and placed her on her two feet. 

"If we're after Katniss, surely we need a weapon to get to her," Lucy said and Cato held up his sword, Marvel held up his spears and Clove held up her throwing knives. "Not that sort of weapon."