Chapter 8 - Rebirth of Evil

Arendelle, several years ago, one year before Elsa hurts Anna accidentally.....

_ "Elsa, please, another magic trick!" Anna asked, jumping in impatience, her eyes bright.

_ "Okay .... ready?" Elsa asked him. Anna nodded quickly. With a mischievous eye, Elsa made a few movements of her little hands, her fingers and her palms surrounding with an icy aura, and showing a star of floating snow in her hands.

_ "Wooow ..." Anna sighed of admiration in front of this magic. Elsa threw the star into the air, which exploded in thousands of tiny blue sparks. Anna applauded, enjoying herself a lot, while Elsa smiled to see her like that. The two sisters, still being children, continued to enjoy themselves in the snow covering the castle gardens, laughing and dancing among the snowflakes created by Elsa and her powers.

From one of the windows of the castle's grand salon, the king of Arendelle was watching his two daughters playing together, looking peaceful, and finishing drinking his hot cup of tea, which he placed on the small carved wooden table near the fireplace. The servant Kai arrived to pick up the tray and the cups. The queen sat in her large armchair and read a book, the flames of the fireplace bringing a pleasant feeling of warmth during this harsh winter.

_ "Look at them as they both have fun ..." commented the king, always looking at them with a smile "... Despite the harshness of winter, they still find a way to have fun together This union is what makes their greatest strength, even if .... "He continued, but suddenly stopped, knowing that he was going to come to the forbidden subject. The queen felt it and gently lowered her book to turn to her husband. The king let out a sigh, passing his hand over his face.

_ "Excuse me, my love, I should not have." he apologized. Seeing her so, she got up from her chair to come to her side, she also looking out the window, to see Elsa and Anna continue laughing and throwing each other, innocently, balls of snow. After a few launchs, the two sisters stopped, a little breathless.

_"What shall we do now?" Elsa asked, removing the snow from her hair. Anna thought very seriously, and had an idea.

_"You want to build a snowman?"

Elsa gladly accepted the idea and the two began to work on it. In the living room, the queen leaned her head against her husband's shoulder while looking at the two girls.

_ "Sooner or later, we'll have to tell her the truth." the queen said, wrapping her arm around her husband's.

_ "I know .... but not right now." the king says, "It's still too early. I want Elsa to enjoy her childhood. The fatality of this world has already deprived her of too much things....I want the same for Anna. This news could be as destructive for both."

_ "Remember that we did it for a good cause, for them ..... for her .... and for us." the queen reminded him, trying to give faith to her husband, to the heavy secret they had to keep since some years now. As they played, Elsa and Anna saw their parents at the window, and gestured with their hands. The royal couple gave them back, forcing their smile to hide their conversation. Once the two girls left for their games in the snow, the king walked away from the window, resting his elbow on the chimney, his gaze plunged into the logs devoured by the fire.

_ "And .... what should be done about what they told us .... Of these .... giant creatures ..... These titans?" asked the queen, returning to her husband. The latter sighed heavily.

_ "We will not say anything, as we have sworn in. The news of the existence of such creatures would plunge the whole world into confusion and chaos, and I don't want to bequeath such a world to our daughters."

The queen understood her husband's point of view. The king sighed again, tired. The weight of this secret began to be felt. He had the impression that he was silent in betraying not only the confidence of his daughters but also of the whole realm, and that affected him. Seeing him in doubt, the queen hugged him.