Chapter 2

So as promised here is the second chapter which i hope you'll love.

*******************

I look behind me as people start screaming and running around like their asses are on fire.

They push each other and scream things like "Monsters" and "They're going to kill us" while I try hard not to touch anyone.

"Quiet!" The roar, obviously from a man, stops everyone. I'm so surprised all I can do is holding my hands to my chest and stare as even the guards stop dead in their tracks.

"You're all running around like scared ants! How about we do this in a more... civilized way." My back is against the wall now because all the people pushing themselves further back, and the ones that still had been on the dance floor, are now against a wall or on the ground unconscious. The men and women in black stand in the middle of the room with swords at their sides.

Their looks remind me of a drawing I saw in one of the few history books my parents let me read as a child. I take in their well build figures and leather clothes then stop when I see the colour of their eyes.

Black eyes. I've never seen anyone with black eyes like that. The whites of their eyes look like they've been swallowed, and it scares me but at the same time makes me want to take a closer look as I stare at the one in the front. His looks intimidate me, he must be the most gorgeous-

Dark one! I know what they are now. It was a long time ago I read about them, but I remember them having black eyes and that us humans apparently have been in war with them for almost two thousand years or so.

Now I also remember all the horror stories my mother used to tell me about them. How they ruin everything with the darkness that floods though their veins.

I watch as my father squeeze mother's hand, to then walk towards the Dark one.

"There is nothing civilized about you Jack." I have never heard my father's voice full of so much disgust, and fear. His tone almost scares me.

Almost.

The Dark one with somehow even blacker eyes than the others, takes a bold step forward and my heart beats faster at the sight of the mischievous grin that is plastered on his perfect lips.

Okay I really need to stop now, he's a Dark one no matter how handsome he is.

"I'm truly sorry Howard to ruin this wonderful evening, but you've got something that belongs to me." The dark one, or Jack as my father called him, shrugs as if it's obvious why he's here.

My head spins with questions. What is he after? And why would he think my father had it. As far as I know the humans has nothing to do with the Dark ones.

My father's face reveals his fear for the Dark one and the panic is visible in his eyes as he says, "I know what you want, but it's gone."

Jack's playful grin disappears, and his jaw locks. Anger almost radiates from him as a girl comes up behind him and puts her hand on his shoulder, probably attempting to calm him. He shrugs her hand off and stare at my father with his scary but fascinating eyes.

I worry about my father's closeness to him and despite my best efforts to stop it, the cold travels from my chest to my hands and, unfortunately, also to my back. I can hear the frost spreading on the wall I'm pushed up to. Luckily no one seems to notice, and I clap myself on the shoulder mentally.

Good job, now you just have to try to tame it. Should be easy right?

Right?

Jack's ton is low as he whisper-yells, "Don't mistake me for a fool. I will take everything you hold dear from you, again, if I have to."