Chapter 5 🍵

Junkyu's POV
"Jihoon! You're finally here,"I waved at Jihoon as he clocked in.

"Hey, Junkyu.  Sorry that I'm a bit late.  Classes were longer today," Jihoon said.

"It's okay.  I understand."

"Sooyun hasn't come yet?"

"Nope."

"Junkyu, are you interested in her?"Jihoon whispered to me.

"No,"I quickly shook my head. "I don't even know her that much."

He began to start on some customer's order while I started making some of the orders. We would hand the orders to people or walk to their table to hand it to them. Sooyun still hasn't come in yet, though. I look at the time and it was after five o clock pm.

"Sooyun's coming late today, I guess,"Jihoon looked out the door.

About ten minutes later, Sooyun came inside the café. Immediately, I stood at the cash register and asked her what she wanted, but I already knew what she was getting.

"Iced Matcha Green Tea," She smiled.

"Let me guess,"I looked at her backpack, which seemed to have many things in it. "Large?"

"You got it,"She pointed at me and smiled wider.

I told her the price and she gave me her card like she always did. I made her green tea and handed it to her. She went to go sit down and she began to do her work as always.

I noticed that she took out her phone and took a picture of her work. She seemed to be taking many pictures and looked very focus while doing it.

Does the picture need to be that perfect?

I continued to take orders and make people's drink. Jihoon would do the same and we would occasionally talk whenever we had no orders to take.

"Junkyu, you should try college. Then, you'd understand why I'm always so late,"Jihoon sighed.

"I know, but I have to wait till I can take exams," I said.

"You'll do good,"Jihoon patted my shoulder. "Oh? Sooyun still hasn't left yet."

"She finished her drink, though. She usually leaves the café once she finishes her drink. Maybe she's too caught up in the work."

She looked around the café a lot while holding her phone.  She looked like she was trying to take a picture of something again.

She looked lost and since it was getting a bit late and there were no customers to take orders from, I walked out from the counter to go talk to her.

"Are you looking for something?"I asked her.

"Kinda?"She was unsure. "I have a project to do for my photography class and I'm just trying to find something to take a picture."

"Ahh. I see.  What is the project about?"I asked.

"I have to take a picture of something that I like and then many other pictures that are similar or relate to that," She pointed at her green tea.

I wanted to be nice, so I tried to think of ways to help her.

"Why don't you take a picture of me and Jihoon making drinks? You know since we're baristas,"I suggested.

"You called me?"Jihoon stood next to me out of nowhere.

"Are you okay with Sooyun taking pictures of us for her photography project?"

"Sure," He nodded.