january 29 2019

it's two days later when they run into each other as they check their mail.

"What the hell even is this?" she holds a relatively large box from best buy in her hands and questions aloud.

She knows for a fact she hasn't bought anything this large from best buy because that's usually the sign of an investment.

"That's a big box to not know what you ordered," Timothée speaks up with a small smile from a few mailboxes down.

"I don't think I ordered this- OH i know!" she struck with the memory of a conversation with her mother a few weeks prior where she asked what she wanted for her birthday that's coming up within the next two weeks.

"Well you have to tell me now," he closes his mailbox to walk a bit closer to her.

"It's a camera, from my mom for my birthday," besides singing, her next biggest passion is photography and the double lenses on her iphone x are nice and all, but she needs better.

"When is your birthday?"

"The thirteenth," of February that is. When she says that she is struck with a thought.

"Do you have headshots?"

"Yeah but they're old"

"Let me take some, I love photography and need to break this camera in," she offers, not exactly hiding the fact that she just wants to spend more time with him.

"I'm not going to deny that if you really want to," he definitely feels the same, she determines.

"I do, what are the basics of headshots? I wouldn't know," she admits as they make their way back towards their apartments.

"They seem more complicated than they are, just kinda have to be natural, solid background, natural light, the rest is more on me. I think we can handle it," he explains and it relieves her a good bit. She didn't want to offer to take his headshots and then they be shit.

"I have a huge open space in my dining room because I literally don't own a dining room table, it's got big windows and white walls," she explains as she finds her keys in the pocket of her sweatpants, she wasn't exactly going to dress up to go get his mail, but neither was he, as he is in a pair of sweatpants also, a black t-shirt on his torso and a black jacket that he threw on last minute because February in California can sometimes get a little chilly. Nothing on the level of new york though.

"Oh, I listened to some of your stuff and it's really, really good," he remembers how he spent the night after he met her, listening to every song she's ever released on any platform.

"Thanks, I watched the movie you sent yesterday and I cried at the end, you're amazing," she doesn't know why he's not bigger, he's a wonderful actor.

"I'm glad I moved in here," he speaks his thoughts as they enter her apartment.

"Me too, you're cool. Let me see what all I need to do to set this up," he follows her to her couch where she tears open the package to try to figure her new Canon camera out.

It doesn't need much preparation as it is mostly charged and all she needs to do is insert the sd card that her mother ordered with the camera that was tucked into the box as well.

"We are in business, I think we've got enough sunlight left for this," it's almost six pm so they're getting close to sundown, but there's enough time to at least try.

"Why don't you have a table in here?" he curiously asks when they enter her empty dining room.

"I don't need one, other than Jessica and Mathew, you're the only person I've had over here since moving in. Other than when my mum and sister visit I guess. And the floor right there has great lighting for selfies, just a heads up," she points to the spot directly across from the largest window in her apartment.