Vegas

Chapter Three

My home tonight, for one more long night.

I was having yet another sleepless night. I haven't been able to escape my swirling thoughts since I went out to breakfast with Jack this morning. It probably doesn't help that today the gig was in Vegas, which is known as a sleepless city.

I fluffed my pillow in hopes that it being softer would somehow make me fall asleep. I sighed quietly and flipped onto my side. Jeremy was across from me on the top bunk. He was definitely in deep sleep, taking delicate breaths. I studied his face. I looked from his messy blonde hair to his tiny nose to his slightly open pink lips. I felt nothing when I looked at him and that left a feeling of guilt burrowing in my stomach. 

I should be in love with the guy by now. He's sweet, funny, talented...but I can't shake off the feeling that we need to stay strictly friends. I've been trying to make myself like him in a way a girlfriend should feel about her boyfriend but I haven't figured it out yet.

Taking another sigh, I climbed down the latter so I could attempt to try and find some peace with my thoughts. Once I was on the ground I noticed Alex wasn't in his bunk yet again. Where does he even go all the time?

I made my way outside and sat in the same exact spot when me and Alex were out here. I hugged my knees to my chest tightly and took a deep breath of cool air. 

“Can't sleep again?”

I didn't even see Alex coming so hearing a voice out of no where definitely left me in shock. I let out a little yell and felt my heart racing. 

Alex chuckled lightly and sat down next to me. His knee brushed mine.

“You scared me,” I hissed.

“I see that,” he laughed a bit louder this time. 

I glanced at him, surprised to find him in a sort of formal outfit. He was wearing a dark blue dress shirt with thin black suspenders and black jeans. 

“You're fancy tonight,” I stated.

He looked down, surveying his outfit, and glanced back up at me with a cheery smile. “You like?” 

I had to bite my lip so I wouldn't blurt out that he looks incredibly sexy. After a few seconds I came up with an acceptable answer. “Yeah, it looks really nice.”

“Thanks,” he rocked back on his palms.

“So where were you this late?” 

Alex checked his phone. “It's only two in the morning. That's not late for me. And obviously not for you either.” The famous smirk returned.

I'm glad it was probably too dark to see me blushing. Well, there were lights surrounding us. And I can see his face perfectly. Not to mention I turn unnaturally red when I blush. Damn it.

“That doesn't answer my question,” I bit back a smile.

Alex leaned closer. “And what was the question?”

“Where were you?” I raised an eyebrow.

Alex's gaze shot to the stars and he laid on his back. He put his hands behind his head and took a content sigh. “Jazz night.”

“Jazz night?” 

“You heard me,” Alex said.

“What's jazz night?” 

“Just a bunch of guys playing jazz instruments at this one restaurant downtown to make you feel fancy,” he replied.

“Why did you go?” I asked.