August 30

August 30

The things I had learned during a week of attending Water Valley Academy

- The school was boring as fuck

-The students were snobby as fuck

-The teachers were arrogant  as fuck

-and that my not so annoying roommate's name was Claire

Everything down to the Academy's name was utterly boring, but I somewhat hated the school less cause of it. Routine was a hobby of mine, so was being a perfectionist, and not needing to use even more of my, already limited supply, brain power of creating a routine had lessened my burden and migraines. 

My day starts out with my alarm vibrating at 5 am in the morning. Yes vibrating as in no sound because I'm an extremely light sleeper. Getting dressed into my uniform and being at least somewhat presentable comes next. After all the basics are out of the way, I take my 6:30 stroll around the academy. The air is cool yet moist forming dew drops around the leaves of each tree. The trees themselves seem to still have a few pigments of green left, but ultimately knowing that the lively color will soon fade replaced by burnt umber instead. Ohh and the smell, how the smell teases me. The smell of freshly cut grass dancing with the breeze and embraces me fully. It's truly one of the few moments in life that I find myself completely transfixed by mother natures creations. Somewhat even finding the world itself to be beautiful. 

My stroll ends with me standing in front of an old gothic like majestic building. Pushing passed the old creaking door, at first glance, it looks like you've entered into a large banquet, but using logic and reasoning, it tells you that this is the cafeteria. Inside you are greeted with large strong wooden tables stretching to each end of the room while its companions, chairs, followed.  In front of these tables, is where the kitchen lie. The old lady popping out of the kitchen area well that's Margret. " Good morning Ell. Looks like you're right on time as usual," she smiles. " Morning Marz. Looks like you're right on time that's unusual," I replied. The other cafeteria ladies laughed on my remark, while little old Marz just gave me her usual dead eye stare of disapproval. Walking towards her, I grabbed the sponge she held and gently pushed her to the side to take up her work on doing the dishes.   " I may be old Ell but I still am capable of doing some dishes," she states. " You should be thanking me, I'm lessening the load on your hands so they don't become to wrinkly to fast," I said jokingly. There it is again, her second stare of disapproval. Combating that glare was me looking at her, really looking at her, seeing how her squinting eyes created wrinkles around her soft kind face or how her overworked hands seem to hold a life of its own. She walked away broodingly while I finish up the dishes. After all the chores where done, Marz and the other cafeteria ladies sat down to finish the morning off with some breakfast. She had offered some and like usual I declined grabbing a water and granola bar instead.  

As the silence of the morning slowly withers away, replaced by the loud sounds of students waking up actually the world itself waking up, the blissful morning truly comes to an end and the start of my long downward spirl week begins.