Chapter 20

"D-dean..."

Dean bolted to the side of his bed and grabbed Cas' hand.

"Hey Cas. How are you feeling?" He whispered calmly, even though his heart was beating one million miles a minute.

"Fine." He said with a raspy voice.

"What happened to you?" Dean asked as he pushed his lover's hair out of his face.

"Uriel... he... he didn't know..."

Dean's mouth gaped open.

"Didn't know what?"

"He didn't know that it was ok.... you and me... Together... He didn't know... and he still doesn't... he said that he would get... that he would get Gabriel next..."

Dean looked up at Sam who had a frozen look on his face.

Sam walked across the room and hugged Gabe. "It's gonna be alright. I'm not gonna let him lay a finger on you." He whispered into his ear. Gabe nuzzled his head deeper into Sam's chest.

"So Uriel did this?" Dean asked.

"Yes... I'm sorry, Dean."

"W-sorry for what?"

"For not getting here fast enough. I tried... I got as close as I could... but... I was just too weak."

Dean rubbed the side if Cas' face.

"No, no, don't you dare apologize Cas. This is NOT your fault, ok? This is that asshole Uriel's fault. And whenever we find him, I'll rip him a new one." Cas smiled. "Ok, you should get some sleep. I love you." Dean kissed Cas' forehead and pulled the covers up over him.

"I love you too."

Dean smiled as Cas closed his eyes. He fell asleep almost instantly.