FAW_I

"hey, can I ask you a question? " The boy asked the girl with flowers in her hair and a bottle of whiskey against her lips.

"I guess. " The girl said shrugging, taking a swig of her whiskey.

"did it hurt - when you fell from heaven? "

The girl sighed "no. but I did fuck up my knees when I crawled up from hell."

The boy looks down at her questioningly, almost admiring her.

"you still there?" She asks him, tucking a pale blue strand of hair behind her ear.

"yes, and I'm not going anywhere." The boy tells her, amusement and determination shining through in his eyes.

The girl takes a book out of her bag and catches the boy staring at her again.

"what? why're you staring at me like that?" She asks, getting frustrated.

"because you're beautiful."

"are you seriously quoting John Green right now? The girl asks him.

"maybe I am, maybe I'm not." He replies vaguely.

Looking for a way to ask the girl his question nicely, he looks at her again. But now he actually is admiring her. The boy smiles a little at the girl.

"what? if you have a question you can just ask me y'know." She tells him.

"okay..." The boy begins hesitantly. "uhm, why do you drink...?" He carefully watches the girl's reaction.

"because it eases the pain." The girls says, abruptly standing up and packing her bag.

"and because it's not any of your business." She adds in her mind.

Stopping in front of a red light, she pulls out her earphones and plugs them in. Music has always calmed the girl, she can relate to the lyrics of the songs. She finally has something that understands her pain.

Her whiskey eases, but her music understands.