Chapter 4

As the bell rang to go to the last class I stood up and walked over to Luca's locker. I put a note in his locker saying, " I'm sorry I can't meet up with you after school, something came up. I left my number in your phone if you ever need me. I'm doing this for my own safety please forgive me. Hopefully we'll see each other again." I left it at that and then I went to the library and told the Liberian "If Lucas comes here tell him to go to his locker." It sucks that it has to be this way but it's for the best. I quickly went to class and got to my seat just in time. I heard the bell rang and I took out my math book. As we did some equations I started feeling guilty about bailing on him. As we finished class and the bell rang to leave. I slowly put my stuff away. As I walked out my class I saw Lucas going to his locker. I just stood there and watched. I felt so guilty I almost started crying. But I remembered that this was for the best. I watched him reading the note. I went over to him and gave him a quick hug then tried walking away as fast as I could. Of course he grabbed my arm so I couldn't leave. I tried to avoid looking at him, I already had tears in my eyes. One wrong word and I'll break down right in front of him. I could tell that Lucas was looking at me, I felt so guilty. He pulled me in and gave me a tight hug. I started crying right there. We just stood there he was running his hands through my hair. I couldn't stop crying, I can't avoid him it's killing me already. I hate this but I'm going to end up hurt. As I finally stopped crying as much he let me go and wiped my tears.
L: "you're coming to my place I can't let you walk alone not after this."
All I could do was nod my head, I knew he wouldn't take no for an answer. He took my hand and we walked to his house. I kept my head down this whole time. A:"Sorry for what happened back there, I didn't mean to cry in front of you."
L:"Don't worry about it just glad to know that you trust me enough to cry in front of me, I'll always be a shoulder you can cry on."
At the moment I knew I fell for Lucas. This is bad for me but what can I do I can't control who I like. As we got to his house we dropped our stuff downstairs and went up to his room. I took a deep breath thinking about what happened today.
A: "Lucas this is dangerous for both of us."
L: "Look I don't know what happened today but you can trust me. I'll always try my best to protect you, but I can't do that if I don't know who I need to protect you from."
I told him everything that happened and what the girls look like. He told me that (popular girl 1) Jenna was his ex girlfriend and she can't accept that they were over.