Trinity

After our little break, we resume our journey and head towards the prison. We arrive at a narrow bridge that led to another base. Lara and I climb a wooden tower and take a look at it.

(F/N): "Hmm, there's too many guards for us to sneak across. We're gonna have to find another way in."

Lara: "Maybe this zipline?"

I look over at Lara and see her slide down the zipline. I follow after her and we land on a wooden building. We hear some of Trinity's men running towards something only for them to be killed by some arrows. We make our way down with our weapons drawn as a man comes out of the trees with his hands up.

???: "Don't shoot. I'm not your enemy."

We both look at each other before looking back at the man and slowly lowered down our weapons.

Lara: "Who are you people?"

???: "All that can come later. If you want answers, then listen close. We've managed to destroy the old radio tower, but there are repeaters that keep them connected. We need to shut them down. Help me, and I'll let the others know they can trust you. We need all the allies we can get."

Lara and I both looked at each other nodding.

Lara: "We'll keep an eye out for them."

???: "Good. We don't have much time."

We head on as the man heads on his own separate way and come across one of the repeaters he mentioned.

Lara: "Repeaters. Trinity must have installed these."

I take out my pistol and fire a couple of rounds into it, destroying the repeater.

(F/N): "One down. Four to go."

After destroying the rest of the repeaters, we return to the man we met.

???: "Have you done it? Are the transmitters destroyed?"

(F/N): "The repeaters are offline. It's done."

???: "So it is. We don't have much to spare, but if you're fighting with us, you can use this."

He hands Lara a lockpick.

Lara: "Thank you."

He nods and walks off. We decide to rest for a bit near a campfire while listening to Lara's father's recordings.

Lord Croft: "Roth is determined that I should learn how to shoot. However, he tried to teach me today. I was utterly hopeless. I've always said in the field you can't go wrong with a stout stick and good boots. I told him I was a man of words, not of weapons. He laughed and said that he hoped I could find the right words to slow down a charging bison. I told him that that's what he was for. Bless him for trying, though. I don't think there'll be anymore lessons somehow."

I laughed after the recording ended.

(F/N): "Roth was right, how are words gonna stop a charging bison."

Lara: "Roth always said I must've gotten my sharp eyes and steady hands from mom. That summer, he taught me to shoot instead. I took to it... maybe too well."

(F/N): "I see."

We listen to another recording from Lara's father.

Lord Croft: "I hope you received my last tape in good time. I am becoming increasingly fond of recording these message to you. Ana says that I need time away from my books and papers every so often, if only to remember why I'm doing all this. I know you hate me going away, but it will be worth it one day. It will all be worth it. Sending my love to you. Work hard in school."

(F/N): "Roth told me about your strained relationship with your father."

Lara: "Yeah, I knew it was important to him but deep inside, that's not what I felt. Still, it taught me independence, how to look after myself. Important lessons as it turns out."

(F/N): "Indeed it was."

Lara smiles and leans onto my shoulder and after a while, we resume our journey towards the prison and as we near it, we come across an old Soviet camp.

Lara: "An old Soviet work camp."

(F/N): "Looks like Trinity's taken it over completely..."

Soldier #1: "You just arrived in the valley, right?"

Soldier #2: "Yeah, with the last supply drop. More coming, I've heard."

Soldier #1: "Lots of boots on the ground. Whatever they have planned, I think this could be a big one."

(F/N): "Hear that, Lara? More reinforcements."

Lara: "Shit, let's hope it's not too late to stop them."

We both take out the couple of soldiers before moving on. We enter some sort of supply shack and inside was a man who immediately raises his hand in surrender.

Technician: "Look, I'm on your side here. I've been working as a maintenance tech for Trinity out here, but I have got to get out of here. These people... are insane. I've been stockpiling gear, it's yours.. If you can pay for it. They won't notice a few missing items, but if they catch wind, or if they see me with you, I'm a dead man. I'll need some untraceable currency in case things go south. Gold preferably. You think we can make a deal?"

(F/N): "Gold coins work?"

Technician: "Uh, yes. Yes, that could work."

I take out a bag of gold coins and hand it to him.

(F/N): "There you go."

Technician: "You've got good taste."

I nod and help Lara with modifying her weapons before we leave the shack and climb up a radio tower and jump over a fence, landing on the ground on the other side. We both then hear someone talking from inside a building and immediately get a closer look.

???: "Your reports have ceased. Trinity's growing concerned."

We take a peek inside and see Konstantin with a radio in his hand.

Konstantin: "We've had trouble with the natives. Our communications were offline, but everything is now under control."

???: "If the situation becomes untenable, we will step in."

Konstantin: "It won't. You sent me for a reason. I was chosen for this. I will succeed."

???: "See that you do."

Suddenly a man yells out.

Soldier #3: "Hey!"

I take out my pistol and fire a round into him, he yells in pain before I look back to see another Trinity soldier who hits me with the butt of his gun, knocking me to the ground.

Lara: "(F/N)!"

I black out before I could tell what was happening.