Episode 4

Damn he's heavy. I mean, he's at least 20 cm taller than me and god knows how much heavier he is. I'm used to carrying bodies but not this distance.

Why is he always getting himself into these messes? I know he doesn't mean to cause such a ruckus. He's pure hearted, is he just mislead? His name is literally 'nameless'. What type of life did he live before?

I may not know, but I do know that I can help make his current life the best that it is. So that's what I'll do.

....

Maybe I should just let him die right here.

....

Naw that's so against my morals. And it'd make that entire deal with the Queen completely useless.

Welp, I should pick up my pace if I wanna make it before dawn.

—time skip—

Oh god my back. Holy god that took way too long.

I stretch my back, stepping outside to cool off after that brutal workout. Mere minutes pass before a messenger comes to greet me.

"Are you Doctor Y/N?" I nod. "the Queen has requested you to come to Najeong to treat a few men."

"N-najeong...the sacred garden? What happened?" I ask, already getting my things ready.

"Materials will be provided, there is no need for that." He says, stopping me. "There were 10 men who had a fight for reasons unknown. They were captured and have gone through the night without water as they were tied up. They will possibly be tortured but they will be given the choice to join Hwarang and set free. It is your duty to treat those who join Hwarang." The Messenger says.

I deadpan.

"So you're telling me these 10 idiots went into the most holy place in this kingdom to duke it out in the middle of the night......yeah I believe that let's go."

I climb onto a horse, watching the messenger's baffled expression from my choice of words. Yeah I'm a bit more carefree than those stuck up officials but hey, you gotta a problem with that? (A/N it's also cuz a fricken teen is trying to write this)

"Lead the way."

"Yes ma'am"

After a long ride the land of Najeong finally comes into sight, the rich colors of the temple shining with the beautiful sunrise behind it.

What idiots decide to fight here? Honestly if you're gonna fight then go to an arena or something.

"Doctor Y/N?" I look around, observing the 10 men that are currently tied to poles. There were some familiar faces but honestly I'm just seeing a bunch of hair right now so I can't tell.

"Are these the criminals?" I ask. The man nods.

"We'll be waking them up in a bit. We're just getting the water now." He says, gesturing to the buckets of cold water.

"Ah, I see."

A moment of silence passes before the man chuckles.

"You can laugh, it's ok. We all have trouble holding in our laughter when we wake them. Their expressions are pretty funny too. Especially when we know they aren't going to be killed." He says. I smile, relieved to know the criminals aren't actually going to be killed.

"Anyways, I think it's about time they get woken up and tied up again." He says, pulling out some bear traps and chains to set on the wagon. Aside from that, there were knives, all rusted and tainted some red substance.