Season 1 | Episode 10 - Part 1

Next morning (sunday), eight-thirty am. 

Landon Stanford's house.

The door to the bedroom opened and closed, she felt the bed dip behind her, but she didn't move. She remained in her sleeping form. Her shoulder felt stiff from laying on it, facing opposite to the door for a long time, but she didn't want to give any hint of being available to talk any time soon.

"Shru...", even his voice sounded guilty. And tired.

Shruti knew Armaan didn't sleep all night, he never came to bed. He stayed in the living room after their brief conversation which went like-

'shru, can I explain? please'

'I am tired. Going to sleep'

'please, just let me tell you what was that about'

'tell Landon thank you and goodnight from me'

That was it. She turned him down to talk and then came to the bedroom, to pretend to sleep. She must have closed her eyes out of tiredness for at most two hours but she kept thinking about the evening every other moment.

Armaan's friends, the food, the dance...the intimacy.

Everything was overwhelming, nothing she couldn't handle. By the time everyone had had their dinner, she was already to call it night. She wanted nothing more than to sleep – just sleep – in the fluffy bed with Armaan at her side. But then things got ruined, for everyone.

"Shru, please, I am sorry..."

Shruti turned around, and tiredly asked him, "What are you sorry for?"

She sat up causing Armaan to back up and sit at a foot's distance from her. She tied her hair into a messy bun while she waited for Armaan to explain.

"Okay so..."

_______________

Nine am.

Brandon's house.

Olivia woke up as the sun rays hit her eyes with full force. She again thought as to why she had left the curtain open. But as usual, when she sat up, her head felt hammered. She tried to remember what had happened, but as usual, she needed a coffee before she could think of anything. The other side of the bed was empty.

A smile fleeted Olivia's face as the smell of freshly brewed coffee breezed faintly from the open bedroom door. She hastily climbed out of the bed, clutching her throbbing head, and rinsed her mouth before walking downstairs. She was dressed in an over sized t-shirt which was Brandon's. Amidst her climb down the steps, as if the smell of coffee had triggered her thinking power, a thought of Brandon changing her clothes entered her mind. She abruptly halted on the steps. Not remembering how and when Brandon changed her clothes, meant that she wasn't in her own control last night, meaning she was drunk, again.

Brandon must be so mad, she thought.

Resuming her way to the kitchen, she began thinking about the ways to start her conversation with Brandon. The need to apologize rose firmly. She saw Brandon chopping the red peppers while something sizzled on the pan beside him. From the smell of it, he was making Chinese.

Who eats Chinese in breakfast? She thought, but let it pass and stepped forward to hug Brandon from behind.

Glancing back at Olivia, he smiled lightly then turned and finished chopping the vegetables. While Brandon was turning around, Olivia pouted and said, "I am sorry."