chapter 11

Jaemin's pov

"What do you see me as?" Naeun asked me as a tear slid down her cheek.

"Naeun" I tried to grab her arm but she moved it away.

"I really hate you. I don't want to see you" she said as she unzipped my bag and took out a paper. She then shoved the paper in my hand and walked off.

F*ck. I made her cry. The one f*cking promise I made with her mother is now broken. Na Jaemin, you're really stupid.

I was sitting on my bed, leaning my back on the wall. I stared at the paper Naeun gave me. I took a deep breath before unfolding the paper. I started reading quietly.

' To Na Jaemin

Heyy Nana, it's Naeun! I'm writing this at 2am in the morning but that's not important right now. The reason why I'm writing this letter I guess is to tell you about my feelings. I have had the BIGGEST crush on you for 7 YEARS and I've never really told you about it and you were really oblivious. I was glad tho because I got to keep you beside me for 7 years.

Anyways, you're now together with our president, Jihyo! What a surprise. When you bought the ring for her with me, I actually figured that you were going to give it to someone. My confusion was cleared when I found out the next morning. Now that you are with Jihyo, you are always busy hanging out with her and you ALWAYS talk about her.

I can tell that you really like her so I'm just gonna let you continue with your life with the girl you like. I mean, I can't control you to like me or something and I most definitely cannot force you to do something like that so I'm just gonna say I like you. I've liked you for 7 years. When we first met at the playground, I thought we were meant to be and you were the one walking around with my first kiss.

But I guess reality has a different plan for us. So, I didn't want to end this sadly so I'm just gonna say last long with Jihyo alright! You've been great to me but you're occupied now so I'll leave slowly. Byee!! Thank you for everything ♡♡

From Nangni '

I felt my eyes stinging as stared at her name. Nangni... she likes me. What did I do? I asked myself as I wiped my tears but they kept streaming down.

Naeun's pov

The next day, I got up for school early. I walked past the bus stop and didn't see Jaemin there. I just sighed and continued walking to school.

Jaemin's pov

I was walking along the hall, alone. I stopped at Naeun's classroom and saw her desk empty. I sigh and continued walking. Then I heard some laughter and looked up. I saw Naeun with the new guy laughing together.

When she saw me, she stopped laughing. The guy caught on and pulled her to make her follow him. He was making his way to their classroom. The front door of their classroom, which is where I was standing at.

"Naeun- " I said when she was close enough and tried to grab her arm but she pulled her arm out of my grip.

She then basically slammed the door at my face but with a sliding door. I sighed to myself again.