Chapter 1

8:45 p.m, 1st hour.

I

All of the visitors unanimously decided they would wait inside. After all, the weather outside was foul and repugnant. Yet, why did it feel that it was a bad idea to even spend a minute in the mansion, even if it was the most refined mansion Charlotte's ever seen? Shaking away the feeling, she hurried inside the mansion, not wanting to be left alone. At all.

Once inside, she had to agree that this was the most elegant estate she'd ever been in. Not that it's saying much, for she hadn't been to many. Not like... Glancing around, she saw Athena, her childhood friend. They had once been close friends but after the incident... Charlotte had immersed herself in writing, while Athena had partied carelessly. The incident was forgotten, but not the tension. Looking around, she noticed that all the people she saw were submerged in wealth. She decided to make small talk with Athena since she was the only one Charlotte knew. Fingers crossed, she made her way over to Athena.

II

Why oh why does she have to be here? Ever since the last time they had talked, Athena could tell Charlotte was avoiding her. Not that she minded. Athena was avoiding her too. She didn't want anything to do with her, not after she kissed Athena's brother, Axel. By the bye, She could see that Axel and his wife, Iris Williams were also here. Athena took a glimpse back at Charlotte and saw Charlotte heading straight for her. Trying not to panic, she smiled sweetly at Charlotte, who smiled back.

"So.. lovely weather, am I right?" Athena asked. Lovely weather? It is freezing cold, and I asked if the weather was lovely? Next thing I know, I'll be asking how Charlotte's welfare is. Like I care!

Charlotte looked at her through her long eyelashes. "Not necessarily. It is such horrendous weather! I mean, did you see outside?"

For Love, it was just small talk! Does she HAVE to make a big deal out of a SMALL TALK?

III

He saw his little sis out of the corner of his eyes... chatting with Charlotte? Athena didn't look too cozy. It must have been because of the incident, where Charlotte broke the main rule, or one of the main rules anyway, which stated that she couldn't kiss him. How could anyone resist me though? Turning back, Axel looked adoringly into Iris's eyes. They'd been married for two years now, and Axel couldn't be happier. He took Iris's hand in his.

"Babe, as soon as we confront Daniel Johnson, I promise we'll be on our way to the romantic getaway I've been promising you." Axel was ready to leave without confronting, but he knew he and Iris needed as much closure with Daniel as every other person in this room. In fact, Iris had insisted.

"Really?!" Iris's eyes lit up. Axel's heart melted at the sight. He couldn't be happier indeed.

IV

"Ding Dong!" Shelly looked toward the door was excited to finally confront Daniel. Even though he'd hurt her so much, she still had that little soft spot for him. Hopefully, he'd tell his true intentions for hurting her, and he hadn't actually meant to hurt her. Her heart jumped as she saw Daniel come in through the massive front door. Isn't he ever so handsome? Shelly thought. And... furious. Probably wondering why we are here. I mean, after all, it is his house.

V

The tea that was brought in dropped from the butler's grasp. He's here already?! He wasn't supposed to be back for another thirty minutes! I needed more time! I need to prepare the people for the wrath of Daniel Johnson. Hope the guy who made the deal with me to bring all these people has some guts because if he's dead, I am not going to get my pay. And I will be next in line to die!

"Butler!"

VI

When Daniel walked into his mansion, there were two things he was surprised about; One, he found it odd that chatter was coming from the house. It was normally silent. And two, when he was walking into the house, there were 8 people scowling at him, and the butler looked constipated. Instinctively, he called, "Butler!"

The butler, quivering under Daniel's glare, started forward. When he had almost made his way over, an old man grunted, "Stop in yer tracks fella. This is his last time he'll ever order any of us around. It is time for vengeance. We shall lock him up, never to be seen again."

Daniel's lips curled. Oh, he thought, they have come for revenge eh? I knew the day would come where these pathetic fools would want to retaliate for all I have done. Too bad they came too late!

"Well, you won't be able to," Daniel said with a smirk.

VII

"What d'ya mean, we won't be able to?" If Benjamin wasn't irritated with him before, he certainly was now.

"Well you see," Daniel snickered, "I have every little dirty secret of yours with me, and I also have proof. Let's see... Benjamin Smith, isn't it? I'm going to call you Baldy." If it were possible, Benjamin's face would've turned even redder. "Baldy, listen up," Daniel sobered up and said in a brooding voice, "I know what you did to that kid. Stella Sandoval, isn't it? I know that you-"

VIII

Suddenly, the lights shut off with a click. Not knowing what was going on in the dark, Iris attempted to move behind the living room entrance to turn the lights back on, remembering that the light switches were there. As she took a step backwards, a gunshot was heard. Then another. And then a scream.

_______________________________________
A/N Hey Lovelys! This is my first ever book on wattpad, and it is a short story.

Don't be afraid to comment! I am all for critisizm!!!!!

-Solarys

A/N( Part 2):

Well since Solarys was kinda worried about her Author's Notes (in case none of you knew what A/N meant) I'm here to make it a tad bit more interesting. It's definitely dark and gloomy so far, but what sets off the mood better than a gunshot.

-Acelyst