Stoneheart

"I have a new plan, unlike you!", said Officer Rodger. "Move aside and let the pros do their thing! You've already failed once!"

His words were like daggers into Marinette's heart. Deep down, she was certain they were the truth. After all, she was the one who had failed to catch the akuma that had transformed Ivan into Stoneheart, leading it to multiply and spread to the other citizens of Paris, turning them into creatures of stone themselves, minions awaiting the return and command of the original creation. She had messed up once before, how could she not again?

"He's right.", she told Chat Noir. "If I had captured Stoneheart's akuma the first time around, none if this would have happened! I knew I wasn't the right one for this job!" She buried her face in her hands, trying to hold back the tears. She was a failure. She couldn't even take on Chloe at school. How could she have thought that she could take on a monster of stone?

Suddenly, a black, clawed hand placed itself on her shoulder. She glanced up to see Chat Noir staring intensely at her with his glowing green eyes. "He's wrong.", he said in a stern voice, placing the other hand on her bare shoulder. "You are the right person for this job. I know we haven't known each other very long, but from the moment we met, I knew you were something special. I saw that when we first fought Stoneheart at the stadium. You were so confident and fearless, and you inspired me to be the same."

"I believe in you, M'Lady. No one else might, but I do.  I know that you can do anything you set your mind to. You've already proved it to me. Now its time to show all of Paris what you're made of."  He smiled wide as a mile.  "Trust me on this...okay?"

Marinette's thoughts slowed down until they came to a halt entirely.  He believed in her.  No one had ever said that to her before.  No one had ever shown such faith in her character, in her capabilities, in her.  She had never even believed in herself.  But when the words came out of his mouth, it felt like everything he spoke was the truth.  She was confident.  She was fearless.  She was the heroine Ladybug, and she was going to save Paris.

She stood there for a few more moments, drinking in every detail of Chat Noir's face—his strong yet gentle jawline, his mischievous but kind eyes, as green as emeralds, his tousled locks of gold, the way his peach-colored lips formed into a lopsided smile that made her feel secure.  Every curve, every line, was slowly being etched into her memory, like an artist drawing it into the paper of her mind to keep forever.

And as soon as that artist in her mind finished sketching his image into her subconscious, everything hit her all at once.

She, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, baker's daughter, aspiring fashion designer, and newly christened hero Ladybug, was in love with her handsome, clever and kind-hearted crime-fighting partner, Chat Noir.

Setting her new realization of affection aside for the moment, she whipped out her spotted yo-yo.  "You're right.  Let's do this thing."
---------------
Ladybug stood at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, unable to believe what had just happened.  With the help and encouragement of her new partner, she had captured Stoneheart's akuma, de-evilized it, turned everything back to normal, and saved the day.  The citizens of Paris had gone from booing her, to cheering her name in praise within an hour's time.  "Lady-bug!  Lady-bug!  Lady-bug!"

"They really are made for each other, aren't they?", Chat Noir asked, referring to Ivan and Mylene, rubbing the tips of their noses together adorably.  Ladybug grinned cheekily at him.  "Just like the two of us, my kitty cat?", she implied in a teasing tone, eying him with a twinkle in her eye.  Before he could reply, a shrill beeping sound was heard from her Ladybug earrings.

"Guess that means its time to split.", he said, taking out his black bo staff.  "I'll see you around, M'Lady?"  And with a wink and a salute that made Marinette weak in the knees for a moment, he took off leaping through the air.  Ladybug watched him go with a goofy smile on her face and a dreamy, far-off look in her eyes.  "Looking forward to it, my Kitty Chat."