Cohen

Eva comes up to me after school angrily. She drags me away, and I know it's not good.

"What is it?"

"They threatened me to break up with you." She claims. Smoke bursts from my ears.

"Who? Tell me who it was so I can hurt them." I meant that. She looked frightened of any conflict.

"Look. I don't know his name, but he's definitely on your team. I want to say it's James? Johnny?"

"Joey." I say with a flat expression. I run away toward the field. He usually waits there after school, flirting with girls he has no chance with. I push him up against the wall.

"You threatened her! Didn't you?"

"Choking. Me. Ow."

"Admit it. Now."

"Cohen let go. You don't know your own strength." He begs.

"Hey! You two boys! Split it up!" A teacher pulls us apart. "You are coming with me."

I look back and see Eva standing alone, she has never looked more worried. I mouth the words sorry, not sure if she understood me as I was dragged away.

I stared at the gray wall of the empty building.

"Now what it the world was that out there?" The woman snaps.

"He was hurting me ma'am." Joey says innocently.

"I'm aware." She replies. Seriously? Like it's my fault he threatened someone. I just want to punch him so hard. Both of them. The woman mocked me. "Anything you would like to add?"

"Actually yes. Are you aware he was threatening other students? And I believe blackmailing others is not very encouraged at this school. I would even say it is discouraged." I say sarcastically.

"Son, I am afraid I am going to have to call your parents." The next thing I know, I'm in the car with my father, who is too mad to look at me.

"A fight? My son? Fighting with other students!" He screams.

"Look, before you get angry-"

"Before I get angry! I am past that Cohen. I am almost furious with you. Ruining our family name by hurting your friends. I am furious at you."

"I'm aware." I sink my head into my hoodie and we arrive at my house.